
Escape to Paradise: Deluxe Villa Laura Awaits in Novalja!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into Escape to Paradise: Deluxe Villa Laura Awaits in Novalja! And let me tell you something, this isn't your grandma's hotel review. Forget the pretense, the polished prose… we're getting REAL.
First Impressions: Paradise Lost (But Still Pretty Darn Good)
So, Novalja, Croatia. Beautiful spot, right? The Adriatic Sea whispers promises of sun-drenched bliss, and Escape to Paradise – well, the name definitely sets the bar high. And honestly? They almost pull it off. From the outside, Villa Laura looks…deluxe. Modern, sleek, with that "look at me, I'm expensive" vibe. The car park [on-site] (thank the travel gods!) was thankfully spacious and car park [free of charge] is also available so no worries about where to park your car, and the valet parking is there to help you too! Getting there with that airport transfer they offer is something super convenient.
Accessibility – A Mixed Bag, Honestly.
This is where we get real, and it’s super important for me to cover this. Accessibility is a HUGE selling point and it can be super stressful for travelers with physical disabilities if hotel isn't compliant. Escape to Paradise has some… mixed results on this front. They claim facilities for disabled guests, and I'm still not completely sure what that all entails. The elevator is a lifesaver, so you don't have to climb on countless stairs. I'm sure, however, there are some other things to keep in mind should you have accessibility needs, so it is something to double check when you book! Because after all Wheelchair accessible is an super important feature.
The Rooms: Your Personal Paradise (Mostly)
Okay, let's talk rooms. I snagged a room with a view – essential for Instagram, obviously. And the room itself? Pretty damn impressive. Air conditioning that actually works, a mini bar stocked with…well, let's just say I sampled it liberally, and a safe box to keep your valuables secure (although, let's be honest, mostly I just kept my passport in there).
- Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
The soundproofing was pretty good, which is a godsend because I'm a light sleeper and it's important to get the rest you need. There were interconnecting room(s) available so that is a plus for families. A small additional toilet, that is a super plus if you want to stay in comfort. The internet access – LAN, and Internet access – wireless were there for all my needs. I love the coffee/tea maker, I am not a fan of getting out of the room to get a cup of coffee. The Bed: A Symphony of Snoozes
The extra long bed was like sleeping on a cloud…with a hint of luxury. Seriously, I could have stayed in that bed all day, every day, and never gotten up. My only complaint? Well, maybe that I had to get up. After all, a vacation is about exploring, right?
Stuff To Do… Or Not To Do
Okay, so the amenities. They have a swimming pool [outdoor] which is essential for a spot like that. The pictures looked gorgeous, and the pool with view…well, it was Instagram-worthy, that’s for sure.
Body & Soul: The Spa Shenanigans
I’m not a spa guy, usually. I'm more of a beer-by-the-pool type. But, the temptation got the better of me: the spa/Sauna and the thought of a massage were calling my name. After a grueling day of… lounging by the pool, sunbathing, and possibly overdoing it on the Aperol Spritzes, I decided to give it a shot. I'm not going to lie, the steamroom was pretty amazing. All steamy and lovely.
- Ways to relax: Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor].
- Cleanliness and safety: Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment.
The fitness center felt adequate.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Fun
Dining, drinking, and snacking: A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant.
Food-wise, the breakfast buffet was a bit of a mixed bag. Some mornings were better than others. One day, I swear, I think they were using the same scrambled eggs from the previous day. But the coffee shop and the poolside bar were awesome. The happy hour deals were a lifesaver and I could get my cocktails and chill by the pool
Services and Stuff: The Nitty-Gritty
- Services and conveniences: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center.
Concierge services felt very helpful! The daily housekeeping was super efficient and reliable.
Cleanliness and Safety: Gotta Mention It
In these times, of course, safety is everything. The hotel really made an extra effort on this front and I felt 100% comfortable. The hand sanitizer was everywhere, and I saw staff meticulously disinfecting everything constantly. Plus:
- Cleanliness and safety: Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment.
For the Kids – If You've Got 'Em
- For the kids: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal.
I didn't have any with me, but I noticed they had a dedicated kids meal and babysitting service--the whole package!
The Bottom Line: Should You Escape to Paradise?
Look, Escape to Paradise: Deluxe Villa Laura Awaits in Novalja! isn’t perfect. But it’s close, and I had a blast. Is it worth the price? Absolutely. Would I recommend it? Hell, yes. Just remember to pack your sense of humor, your sunscreen, and maybe a friend or two.
SEO-Packed Conclusion (Because Google Makes Me)
**Escape to Paradise: Deluxe Villa Laura Awaits
Beijing Luxury Getaway: Starway Hotel's Unbelievable Perks!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your grandma's perfectly-manicured itinerary. This is reality, Novalja-style. We're talking Deluxe Villa Laura 0a, Croatia, and a week that's less "polished brochure" and more "slightly frantic, sun-kissed adventure."
The "Get Me Out of This Hellhole (But in a Good Way)" - Novalja Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Regret (Kidding! Mostly.)
- Morning (like, REALLY morning): Flight in. Delayed, naturally. Spent an hour in the airport staring longingly at a duty-free chocolate display. Considered buying a giant Toblerone just to prove a point to the universe. (Didn’t. Regret.)
- Afternoon: Taxi to Villa Laura. Holy moly, the view! Pictures do lie, but in this case, they lied about the absence of beauty. Seriously, the Adriatic shimmering… it’s almost unfair. Almost. Unpacked in a flurry of excitement and mild panic about remembering to pack enough sunscreen (spoiler: I didn't).
- Evening: Wandered into Novalja town, overwhelmed by the sheer vibe. It's like a slightly more glamorous, slightly less responsible version of a beach party I went to in college. Found a "konoba" (local restaurant) and ordered way too much seafood, including some mystery-based fish that, honestly, probably wasn't the best choice. But hey, adventure!
- Quirky Observation: Every single cat in Novalja seems to think they own me. Currently plotting elaborate ways to smuggle one home.
- Emotion: Pure, unadulterated relief that I’m finally here. This "escape from reality" is exactly what I needed. Except, on second thought, maybe avoid the mystery fish.
Day 2: Pag Island's Peculiar Charms & Beach-Induced Bliss
- Morning: Awoken by the sun, which, I'm reasonably sure, is specifically aiming at my eyelids. Strong espresso required.
- Late Morning: Rented a car, a beat-up little Fiat that’s clearly seen some things. (Praying it doesn't die on Pag.) Drove to Pag Island. The landscape… it’s like the moon but with more sheep. Seriously, sheep everywhere. They seem thoroughly unimpressed by my presence.
- Afternoon: Found a secluded beach, the kind you see in magazines and think, "Yeah, right." Well, it's real, and I'm officially obsessed. Crystal clear water. Soft sand. Existential dread completely eradicated by the sun. (Temporarily. It's a fickle beast, this "existential dread.")
- Evening: Tried Pag cheese (delicious, addictive, I could eat it all day and every day). Ate some more seafood. Watched the sunset over the Adriatic. It was ridiculously gorgeous. The only problem? Mosquitoes. They're relentless. Currently, I'm pretty sure I'm contributing to their family reunion festivities.
- Imperfection: Sunburn creeping in. Should've reapplied sunscreen more often today. Rookie mistake.
- Strong Emotion: Total, utter bliss. This is why I came here.
Day 3: Zrce Beach's Raucous Revelation (and Possibly Early Retirement)
- Morning: The morning after that night. (You'll have to imagine the details; I'm not telling all.) Let's just say I've officially experienced what Novalja is famous for: Zrce Beach. It’s… intense.
- Afternoon: Recovering. Hydrated, I think… Trying to, anyway. My brain feels like it's been through a centrifuge. Mostly managed to keep it together while wandering the local markets, searching for delicious things to eat or drink to recover from day before.
- Evening: Decided to try a quieter beach… A beach with a restaurant offering a much-needed beer.
- Opinionated Rant: Zrce Beach is an experience. It's a spectacle. Did I enjoy it? Yes… and no. The music is deafening, the crowds are immense, but the energy is undeniably electric. It might have taken 10 years off from my life. But I can't say I hated it.
- Emotional Reaction: A strange combination of exhilaration, fatigue, and a sudden, compelling urge to sell all my possessions and live on a remote island.
Day 4: The Deep Dive: Diving, Sun, and Serenity
- Morning: Up early! Because I got a diving course booked. Spent the whole morning in getting the skills!
- Afternoon: Finally the time has arrived. Going diving! The waters are perfect. The experience is surreal. I am amazed at the beauty.
- Evening: Went to look for a local restaurant. Settled for a restaurant from a former local.
- Messy Structure: Finding a place to eat has become a real trial.
Day 5: Trekking The Other-Worldly Landscapes
- Morning: After a late decision last night I am going for a trip!
- Afternoon: I am so amazed! The landscapes are stunning and the views are amazing.
- Evening: The views are amazing and the sunset is stunning.
- Strong Emotion: I am feeling so much about this trip, I don't know how to describe it, but I will always remember it.
Day 6: Farewell Feast & Final Adriatic Glimpse (Tears Included, Possibly)
- Morning: Packing. Ugh. The worst part. Trying to cram all my new Croatian treasures (and the cat I almost smuggled home) back into my suitcase.
- Afternoon: One last, lingering visit to my favorite beach. Soaking up the sun, the salty air, the utter peace. (Okay, and also mentally planning my return trip.) Ordered a final ice cream cone, just because.
- Evening: Farewell dinner. Tried a new restaurant, ordered the whole damn menu. (And somehow managed to stay awake.) Watched the sunset one last time over the Adriatic. Almost cried. (Okay, I might have cried a little.)
- Rambling Thought: This trip… it wasn't perfect. There were mosquito bites, sunburns, and moments of sheer, frantic terror. But it was real. It was beautiful. And it was exactly what I needed. I will never forget it.
- Strong Emotion: A bittersweet mix of sadness and profound gratitude. Leaving Novalja is heartwrenching, but the memories I'm taking with me? Priceless.
Day 7: Departure (With a Heavy Heart & More Chocolate)
- Morning: Taxi to airport. Last, lingering look at the Villa Laura. Goodbye, paradise! (But I'll be back.) More duty-free chocolate. Because, you know, priorities.
- Evening: Hopefully, plane lands where it should.
- Quirky Observation: I am probably going to be very, very tired for the next week.
- Emotion: Contented exhaustion.
So, there you have it. My slightly insane, utterly authentic Novalja adventure. Go forth, make your own mess, and enjoy the ride. You won't regret it. (Probably.)
Nainital: India's Hidden Gem You NEED to See (Stunning Photos!)
Escape to Paradise: Deluxe Villa Laura Awaits in Novalja - FAQ (Mostly!)
Okay, so you're thinking about Villa Laura? Trust me, I GET IT. Been there, done that, almost bought the "I ❤️ Novalja" t-shirt. Here's the deal, in FAQ format... kinda. Prepare for some rambling. And opinions.
Is Villa Laura REALLY as gorgeous as the photos?
...mostly. Look, let's be real, photographers are magic-makers. The pool *is* spectacular. Absolutely Instagram-worthy. Seriously, the sunsets reflecting off it? Forget it. My jaw hit the floor. The marble is… pristine. Or, I *thought* it was pristine until my clumsy friend, bless his heart, managed to drip red wine on the pristine white terrace. Note to self: pack industrial-strength stain remover. Anyway, yes, it's beautiful. But remember that *some* filters exist. And that's totally ok! It's still really, really, gorgeous.
What's the deal with the location? Is it close to the party scene? Or are you stranded?
Okay, this is crucial. It's *close* enough to the action, but not so close you're sleeping to the thumping bass of Club Whatever-the-Heck-It's-Called-This-Week. It's a manageable taxi ride. (And honestly, taxis in Novalja weren't THAT bad. Pro tip: Download the Bolt app, way easier). Walking? Maybe after a few pitchers of something fruity. It's a pleasant stroll during the day, but at night, trust me, just grab a cab. The walk back could be... memorable, and not in a good way. Think lost tourists, the kind of lost that ends with you waking up *somewhere* the next morning. Don't forget to bring some good company to have a good laugh with!
Is the kitchen well-equipped? I like to COOK! (Unlike my friend, who lives off of ramen noodles…)
Okay, real talk. I am not a world-class chef, so my standards might be low. But yes, the kitchen is *decently* equipped. There were enough pots and pans. A decent fridge (a must!). A coffee maker (absolute lifesaver at 6 AM after a night out). The one thing that *really* bugged me? No decent spatula! I tried to flip some pancakes and completely destroyed them. A small, very minor detail, I know, but it *haunted* me. Bring your own spatula if you're a flipping fanatic. And maybe some decent olive oil, too. They always skimp on the good stuff in these places.
The 'Deluxe' part... does it actually feel deluxe?
Hmmm. Deluxe. That's a loaded word, isn't it? The materials are quality. The beds are *comfy*. The bathrooms are nice. The air conditioning worked like a dream (essential). But here's my brutally honest opinion... it's *almost* deluxe. It's missing those little luxury touches that *really* scream "splurge." Like, maybe robes in every room, or a welcome basket with, I don't know, some artisanal chocolates? Instead of the same instant coffee you find in every single hotel room. Am I being picky? Probably. But for the price, you *expect* deluxe, you know? It's still a fantastic villa, don't get me wrong, but go in expecting "very very nice" rather than "extravagant opulence".
What about privacy? Is it a good place for a group, or do you feel like you’re on display?
Privacy? Surprisingly good. The villa felt really secluded, especially around the pool area. You're not crammed on top of other villas (which is a massive win). You're surrounded by a high fence. We spent *hours* lounging by the pool, and honestly, I never once felt like anyone was watching us… which is good, because my tan lines are something else entirely! It's PERFECT for a group of friends. We had a blast! We made so many memories, some of which are better left unsaid.
Okay, give me the real lowdown: Would you recommend Villa Laura?
Yes. Absolutely. Book it. But… with some caveats. Go in knowing it's not *perfectly* deluxe. Pack your own spatula. Download the Bolt app. And, most importantly, bring a great group of people. Because that, my friends, is what will make the trip truly unforgettable. The villa is the backdrop, the memories are the real treasure. And let me tell you, Novalja? Is an experience! It's a wild ride. It's a little bit chaotic. It's a lot of fun. You'll laugh. You'll dance. You might lose your phone (true story). But you'll have a blast. Just… maybe bring a stain remover. And a good sense of humor. And maybe an extra spatula.
Is there parking and what’s the deal with getting groceries?
Parking, yes! There’s a dedicated spot, which is HUGE relief in an area like Novalja. You don't want to be circling the block, desperate, after a long day of lounging. Groceries... okay, this is where I had a *slight* meltdown. There's a supermarket reasonably close, but it's not like a massive mega-mart. Plan your shopping trips accordingly. We ended up running out of important things like... well, let's just say we were *very* reliant on convenience stores for like, a day. Learn from my mistakes! Plan your shopping better than I did. Or embrace the convenience store life. Either way works, I guess
What's the internet like? Is it strong enough to stream Netflix after a long day?
InternetStay Classy Hotels

