
Ljiljanka 2: Your Dream Crikvenica Escape Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive HEADFIRST into Ljiljanka 2: Your Dream Crikvenica Escape Awaits! And trust me, after this whirlwind tour, you'll either be booking a flight immediately or you'll be convinced I'm absolutely bonkers. Let's find out!
SEO Supercharged Review - Prepare Thy Soul!
Let's start with the bare necessities, the "gotta-haves" that every decent hotel should have. And because I'm the type to judge, I'll be judging hard on some of these basic categories.
Accessibility (And My Inner Angsty Architect):
- Wheelchair accessible: Hallelujah! This is a huge win. It's 2024; accessibility is not a luxury.
- Facilities for disabled guests: Now we're talking! But, I'm nosey. I want specifics. Are the bathrooms properly equipped? Are there ramps? Is the pool lift-ready? They better have thought about this.
- Elevator: Essential. Unless you really love stairs and have legs of steel. I fall under the "legs of rubber" category, so…yes, please.
The Good Stuff (The "Ooooh, Shiny!" Factor):
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: Alright, alright, alright! A mandatory requirement for any coastal escape, I dare say. Pools are where memories are made!
- Pool with view: Now we're talking! A view? That elevates the entire experience. I'm picturing myself right now, floating in a pool, cocktail in hand, with the sun setting over the Adriatic. Sigh.
- Spa/sauna: Ah, the ultimate indulgence. I'm a sucker for a good sauna session, sweating out all my troubles (and questionable life choices).
- Massage: Yes, definitely! After a long day of…well, relaxing, what better than a massage to loosen up and unwind?
- Fitness center: Gotta work off all those delicious desserts, am I right? I'm definitely hitting the gym after those Spa treatments because, balance. It's a thing.
- Steamroom: This should be right alongside the sauna, people!
- Body scrub/Body wrap: These are like, the best treats in the world to me!
Techy Bits & Internet Mania:
- Internet access, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas, Wi-Fi for special events: Okay, so, I need Wi-Fi. Like, it's a biological imperative. I get nervous when the signal drops. The fact they have free Wi-Fi in the rooms is a major plus.
- Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Seminars, Xerox/fax in business center: So, even if I don't need video conferencing for a seminar about the finer points of the perfect Mai Tai (though, I could totally do that), knowing it's there is reassuring.
Cleanliness and Safety (Because, You Know, Sanity):
Okay, deep breath. This is where things get real. I'm a total germophobe, so let's see how Ljiljanka 2 measures up:
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment: Okay, they really get it. I'm practically doing a happy dance! Especially the individually wrapped food options. The sanitizing protocols sound top-notch. I can relax… somewhat.
- Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit: Good. Just good.
- Cashless payment service: Absolutely! So convenient!
Food, Glorious Food (My Kryptonite, My Joy):
This is where my inner foodie takes over. I judge hotels hard on their offerings.
- Restaurants, A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: Whoa. Okay, hold on to your hats. Buffet? Check. Asian cuisine? INTERESTING. Poolside bar? SIGN ME UP. Room service 24/7? Now that's living.
- Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service: Excellent for those slothful mornings where I can't leave my comfy nest.
Rooms & Comfort (Where the Magic Happens, Or Doesn't):
Okay, let's get down to the nitty-gritty, the thing that makes or breaks a stay: the room itself.
- Available in all rooms: (Takes a quick scan) Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens: Okay, this is more like it!
- Air conditioning: Essential. Especially in the heat!
- Blackout curtains: My soulmate.
- Coffee/tea maker: Necessary for my survival.
- Extra long bed: Very important for those of us taller than a small giraffe!
- Free bottled water: Hydration is key!
- Laptop workspace: Gotta get that work done, even on vacation… right?
- Minibar: Loaded with snacks, right? Preferably the expensive kind?
- Non-smoking: Yes, please! I'm allergic to smoke.
- Separate shower/bathtub: Luxurious!
- Wi-Fi [free]: Need. Can't. Live. Without.
- Window that opens: Fresh air! Sunshine! Possible late-night balcony conversations, oh boy!
Things To Do (Beyond Just Lazing Around…Maybe):
- Things to do: What kind of things to do?! Give me something, people!
- Bicycle parking: Love this! I'm dreaming of biking through the Croatian scenery!
- Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking, Airport transfer: Okay, lots of transportation options. Good!
- Terrace: Gotta have a terrace!
- Gift/souvenir shop: Gotta get my 'I Survived Crikvenica' t-shirt!
For the Kids (Because, Sometimes, They're There):
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: Alright, they're thinking of the little ones! Good for them.
Services & Conveniences (The Little Things That Matter):
- Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center: They seem to have thought of everything. So considerate! Contactless check-in is a relief!
Safety & Security (Gotta Feel Safe!)
- Access, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Couple's room, Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Hotel chain, Non-smoking rooms, Pets allowed unavailable, Proposal spot, Room decorations, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms: Excellent, excellent,

Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's dry-as-a-bone itinerary. This is Ljiljanka 2, Crikvenica, Croatia… unfiltered. Prepare for some sun-drenched chaos, questionable decisions, and enough gelato to make your teeth ache with joy.
Ljiljanka 2: My Croatian Escape (and Potential Meltdown)
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Apartment Hunt (aka "Why Did I Choose This Staircase?")
- 8:00 AM (ish): Wake up in my ridiculously tiny London flat, convinced I’ve packed half my life into a suitcase. Panic sets in: Did I remember the adapters? The sunscreen? My sanity? (Spoiler alert: probably not.)
- 10:00 AM: Train to Stansted Airport. Trapped on a train with a screaming toddler and a bloke who keeps staring at me like I owe him money. Instant holiday vibe killer.
- 1:00 PM: Ryanair flight to Rijeka. Pray the plane doesn't fall apart. (Success! Although I swear the landing involved some heavy-duty juddering.)
- 4:00 PM: Arrive in Rijeka. Croatian sun: glorious. My navigation skills: questionable. Find a bus to Crikvenica. Pray the bus driver understands my broken Croatian. (He doesn’t. But we eventually stumble our way to the accommodation.)
- 5:00 PM: Arrive at Ljiljanka 2. Oh God, that staircase. It is an actual mountain. I think I pulled a muscle carrying my luggage. The apartment itself is… well, it exists. The view, however, is utterly breathtaking. Seas for days! Worth the climb (maybe…).
- 6:00 PM: Grocery shopping at a local shop. I'm trying to be all "local experience," but mostly I'm just confused by the Croatian alphabet and the sheer amount of unfamiliar cheese. End up buying a kilo of some mystery cheese, some questionable bread, and enough local beer to sink a small sailboat.
- 7:00 PM: Collapse on the balcony, beer in hand, cheese in mouth. The Adriatic Sea twinkles below. Maybe this isn't so bad after all.
- 8:00 PM: Attempt dinner. The mystery cheese proves to be… interesting. The bread is okay. The beer is excellent. Stare at the sunset, feeling simultaneously thrilled and completely shattered.
Day 2: Beach Bliss (And My Ongoing Struggle with Sandals)
- 9:00 AM: Wake up to the sound of the waves. Heaven! Except, my back is KILLING me from the staircase. Need to find a yoga studio immediately.
- 10:00 AM: Beach time! The water is crystal clear. Spent the morning swimming in the sea and getting my tan on.
- 12.00 PM: Lunch at local restaurant, with fresh seafood. Incredible and super cheap.
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: My brain is just like a giant, delicious, lazy sponge. Sleepy. Nap until I wake up again completely ready to run in the sea.
- 5:00 PM: Find a beach bar. Order a cocktail that makes me feel like I'm on another planet (in a good way).
- 6:00 PM: Seriously, I need to start wearing flip flops. The sandals are causing blisters. I'm in pain but it's like a new kind of pain.
- 7:00 PM: Walk along the promenade. So many gelato shops! So little self-control. Discover I can communicate in Croatian with the gelato shop owner in basic sentences.
- 8:00 PM: Dinner at a restaurant overlooking the harbor. Grilled fish, local wine, another breathtaking sunset. My heart might just explode from pure joy. Almost forgot about the whole luggage thing.
- 9:00 PM: People watching. Croatians are stylish. I feel like a frumpy tourist. Decide to embrace my frumpiness.
- 10:00 PM: Back to the apartment. Contemplate writing postcards, but fall asleep instead.
Day 3: Exploring and The Great Gelato Experiment
- 9:00 AM: Coffee on the balcony. The sea is a perfect sheet of blue. This is living.
- 10:00 AM: Rent a bike. Attempt to cycle along the coast. Immediately get lost. End up on a gravel road that nearly throws me into a ditch. Consider abandoning the whole cycling idea.
- 11:00 AM: Press on.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at a waterfront Konoba (tavern). Order something I can't pronounce, cooked fresh, it's divine.
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Gelato research. It's essential to the integrity of my trip. Sample every flavour I can find. Report: Pistachio = Perfection. Salted Caramel = A close second.
- 3:00 PM: More beach time!
- 5:00 PM Stumbled on a little market filled with local crafts. Buy a weirdly shaped ceramic fish. It will either be the centerpiece of my home or become a joke.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at a restaurant with live music. The band is… enthusiastic. The food is amazing. Start humming along to the music, even though I have no idea what they're singing.
- 9:00 PM: Walk along the pier and watch the stars. Crikvenica at night is genuinely magical. Feeling a profound sense of peace (and a slight sugar rush from all the gelato).
- 10:00 PM: Back to the apartment. Tomorrow is a another day and a another adventure!
Day 4: Day Trip & Departure Anxiety
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast.
- 10:00 AM: Take a ride to a small town, via bus.
- 11:00 AM: Wandered the stone streets, filled with historic buildings.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch, in the same town, with a view overlooking the coast.
- 2:00 PM: Back to Crikvenica, with just enough time to squeeze more gelato into my day.
- 3:00 PM: Prepare for departure. Panic.
- 4:00 PM: Pack. Try to figure out what to do with the ceramic fish. Pray I haven't gained 10 pounds from gelato.
- 5:00 PM: Last walk along the beach. Soak up the last rays of Croatian sunshine.
- 6:00 PM: Final dinner. Reflect on the trip. Mostly feeling sad that it's ending.
- 7:00 PM: Stare and the sky.
- 8:00 PM: Early to bed. The staircase is calling to me
- 9:00 PM: Tomorrow, it's back to reality. Though, I'm already planning my return.
The Epilogue (or, More Ramblings) This trip wasn't perfect. There were missteps, sunburns, moments of utter confusion. But the Adriatic Sea, the sunsets, the gelato (oh, the gelato!)… they've burrowed into my soul. Ljiljanka 2, you magnificent, slightly chaotic, staircase-filled paradise, I'll be back. Just maybe with a better back-pack… and more flip-flops.
Unbelievable Baan Sang Chan 3: Your Phetchaburi Paradise Awaits!
Ljiljanka 2: Your Dream Crikvenica Escape? Let's See... (Probably!)
Okay, Seriously, What *Is* Ljiljanka 2? Sounds…fancy.
Alright, alright, take a breath. "Ljiljanka 2" is basically a vacation rental. Think a cozy apartment/house thing in the heart of Crikvenica, Croatia. The "2" suggests… well, there might be a Ljiljanka 1 somewhere, I don't know, and frankly, I don't care! What matters is *this* Ljiljanka. It's supposed to be your base camp for exploring the Adriatic coast, sunbathing, stuffing yourself with fresh seafood...you get the picture. They promise a 'dream escape'. Now, let's see if it *delivers* on all that dreamy stuff. My standards? Pretty high. I'm talking perfectly brewed coffee on the balcony high.
Location, Location, Location! Where in Crikvenica are we talking? Is it, y'know, *close* to the beach?
Okay, this is important. Location can make or break a vacation, right? From what I gather (and a bit of frantic Googling, let's be honest), Ljiljanka 2 is ideally situated. You should (fingers crossed!) be within walking distance of the main beach, the promenade, the restaurants, and the general hubbub of Crikvenica. They boast ‘prime location!’ which, in my experience, usually means "not a ten-mile hike away." It's a HUGE plus: you don't want to spend your entire vacation stuck in traffic or, worse, trying to find parking. Speaking of parking… let’s delve into that… (I once drove around for *three hours* in Rome… shudder). Let's just pray Ljiljanka 2 has decent parking, or I'm going to be grumpy. *Very* grumpy.
What's the accommodation *actually* like? Is it all Instagram-perfect or… a bit less?
This is the million-dollar question, isn't it? They *say* it's stylishly furnished, modern, comfortable… blah, blah, blah. Every rental listing says that. Look, I'm expecting a certain level of cleanliness, a working shower (don't laugh, I've had some *experiences*), and a reasonably comfortable bed. Is it going to be a minimalist, design-led masterpiece? Maybe. More likely, it will be… a comfortable, functional space that hopefully doesn't smell faintly of mildew. I’m prepared for some quirks, shall we say. Every rental has one. Maybe a wonky door. Or a mysterious stain on the sofa. We'll see. I'll be sure to report back. The true test? The Wi-Fi. If that's dodgy, the whole trip is ruined (kidding! ...mostly).
Okay, cleaning. Do I have to scrub toilets on my vacay? (Please say no.)
Alright, deep breaths. Usually, the listing will specify if cleaning is included. Fingers crossed, Ljiljanka 2 offers cleaning services, because honestly, the last thing I want to do on vacation is spend an hour elbow-deep in bleach. I want to be sipping cocktails, not battling limescale. Of course, you're expected to leave the place reasonably tidy. Don't leave a mountain of dishes or a biohazard in the bathroom, common sense people. If cleaning isn't included, well, I'll have to re-evaluate my entire life strategy. Because, seriously, *cleaning*? On *vacation*?
What about the kitchen? Can I *actually* cook or is it just a microwave and a prayer?
Now we're talking! I love to cook, even on vacation. (Don't tell my partner, he hates washing dishes). Ideally, Ljiljanka 2 will have a decent kitchen. A stovetop (not one of those dinky two-burner things!), an oven, a fridge, hopefully a dishwasher (I'm not made of steel, you know). Basic utensils are a must: pots, pans, a can opener that *actually* works, knives that can cut something other than butter. I'm dreaming of whipping up some fresh seafood pasta, maybe a grilled fish… the potential is huge! But if I get there and it's a cramped space with a toaster oven and a rusty frying pan… well, I'll adjust. We'll hit up the local restaurants, that's what a vacation is for!. My dream is a well-stocked kitchen. The reality? We will see. Either way, I'm ready to try and make something edible.
Is there a balcony or a terrace? And what about the view? TELL ME ABOUT THE VIEW!
Okay, deep breath. The balcony or terrace, this is my thing. This is where the magic happens. Morning coffee? Balcony. Sunset cocktails? Balcony. Reading my book with the waves crashing peacefully below (yeah, right)? You guessed it: balcony. If Ljiljanka 2 *doesn't* have a balcony or terrace, I might actually cry a little. The view is crucial. Is it a sea view? (Dreamy!) A mountain view? (Also good!). Is it a view of a brick wall? (…less ideal). I'm hoping for something truly spectacular. Imagine: waking up to the sunshine, the sound of the waves... I might be getting carried away. But a decent view is a *must*. It's essential for the soul. I desperately need to know there is a nice enough view.
Air Conditioning? Because sweating through my sleeping bag is not my idea of a good time.
Oh, sweet, sweet air conditioning. This is another non-negotiable, especially during the summer months. Crikvenica can get HOT. Humid. Sticky. I need A/C. Period. If they don't have A/C, I'm going to be a sweaty, grumpy mess. I once stayed in a place in Italy with no air conditioning. It was a disaster. We slept on top of the covers, practically hugging ice packs. I will ask them about A/C.
Okay, let's talk money. How much are we talking, roughly? And what's the cancellation policy like?
The price, the all-important price! I don't have the exact figures *yet*, but I'll be looking for something reasonable. I also need to know about that cancellation policy. Life happens. Flights get cancelled. Emergencies crop up. A good cancellation policy is essential. I can't afford to throw away a bunch of money if something goes wrong. I'll be reading the fine print *very* carefully. It's a total pain in the backside, those policies, but a necessary evil.Around The World Hotels

