
Unbelievable Makassar Luxury: Favor Hotel's Secret Paradise Awaits!
Unbelievable Makassar Luxury: Favor Hotel - My Makassar Meltdown (in the Best Way Possible!)
Okay, so "Unbelievable Makassar Luxury" totally sounds like some slick ad, right? But before you roll your eyes and think, "Yeah, right…", let me tell you about my experience at Favor Hotel. Because, honestly, it was less "slick ad" and more "OMG, did I just stumble upon paradise?"
Let's be real: I'm a sucker for accessible luxury. I need a hotel that’s not just pretty, but works. So when I saw Favor Hotel boasting about their accessibility… well, I got intrigued. Let's dive in and see if they deliver on that promise.
(Accessibility - The First Hurdle, Conquered!)
First things first: Accessibility. Now, I don't require full wheelchair access myself, but I'm always looking out for friends who do. And Favor Hotel? Damn, they did a fantastic job. Elevator access throughout, wide hallways, and I even peeped some specifically designed rooms for disabled guests. They weren’t just tacked on; it felt like they thought about it. HUGE win. Considering Makassar isn't exactly known for its cutting-edge accessibility, this felt like a damn revelation.
Internet - The Lifeline (and How It Almost Got Me!)
Okay, gotta be honest. I'm a digital nomad. Internet is everything. I need that sweet, sweet Wi-Fi to function. And Favor Hotel? They're boasting Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and Wi-Fi in public areas. You’d think that's a slam dunk, right? WRONG.
The first morning, the Wi-Fi in my room was… patchy. Like, dial-up patchy. I’m talking, “waiting for a cat video to load” levels of frustration. I was about to lose it! I envisioned myself, a screaming banshee, chasing down the unfortunate front desk staff. But then, I remembered, I'm not a monster. They have Internet [LAN] - I quickly plugged in a wired connection. I get my speed. Crisis averted! Plus, there was another round of Wi-Fi for special events… So I quickly forgave them.
Cleanliness and Safety - Feeling Safe and Sound (and Sane!)
This is where Favor Hotel truly shines. Remember, we’re still living in the aftermath of …well, you know. And Favor Hotel gets it. They are all over the Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas and even Professional-grade sanitizing services. The hotel took hygiene very seriously. You could tell, they are big on Hand sanitizer; almost every corner. Honestly, I felt safer there than I do at home. All the staff were trained in safety protocol. I especially appreciated the Room sanitization opt-out available since I am always worried about the environmental impact of cleaning so much.
(Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - Food, Glorious Food!)
This is where my experience went from "Pleasant" to "OMG, I'm stuffed!" First, the Breakfast [buffet]. It was an experience (or maybe I was just really hungry). They had an Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, and everything in between. I am not joking, I devoured my weight in nasi goreng. The Coffee/tea in restaurant was available all day long, and I took full advantage.
They have a Poolside bar which is perfect for a little happy hour, and the pool with a view which is an amazing spot to unwind. You can grab a Bottle of water whenever you need it. They also offered room service [24-hour] - which got me through a couple of bleary-eyed late nights. The A la carte in restaurant and Buffet in restaurant are both great options. I didn't try the Snack bar since i was stuffed, but I saw other guests enjoying it.
(Things to Do & Ways to Relax - Because Sometimes You Just Need a Hammock!)
Okay, let's be honest. I'm not always one for pampering. But… Favor Hotel kinda guilt-tripped me into it (kidding!). They have a Spa with a Sauna, a Steamroom, and a range of treatments. I caved, and got a Body scrub. Honestly, it was heavenly. I felt like I'd shed a layer of…well, just everything. They also have a Fitness center for those who like to work out.** Swimming pool [outdoor]** is perfect for a quick dip. If I had stayed longer, I would have tried the Foot bath.
(Services and Conveniences - They Thought of Everything!)
Okay, this is where Favor Hotel goes above and beyond. They have a Concierge, Cash withdrawal, and Currency exchange which is super helpful. Daily housekeeping and the Laundry service kept my clothes in tip-top shape. The Elevator was super convenient to get to my room quickly. The Facilities for disabled guests really made a difference compared to other Makasar hotels.
(The Room - My Oasis in a Sea of Awesome!)
My room? Air conditioning was a lifesaver, because, Makassar. I had a Desk that was perfect for working without feeling like I was in the office. The Bed was heavenly. I slept like a baby. I especially loved the Slippers! Other things? Blackout curtains, a Refrigerator, a Mini bar (oops!), and a Coffee/tea maker. Oh, and the Free bottled water was a constant gift from the heavens.
(For the Kids - Family Time!)
I don't have kids, but I noticed they have Babysitting service and Kids facilities! They have Family/child-friendly rooms. Good news for all of you parents.
(Getting Around - Ease of Access!)
They offer Airport transfer, which is incredibly convenient. They also have a Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site].
(My Emotional Verdict: Go. Book. Now.)
Okay, so I’ve rambled. I’ve probably made a few typos. But the gist of it is this: Favor Hotel is the real deal. It’s genuinely luxurious without being stuffy. It's accessible without feeling like an afterthought. And most importantly, it's a haven. A perfect blend of luxury and function.
The Unbelievable Offer You NEED to Snatch:
Right now, Favor Hotel is offering a special package that includes:
- Complimentary upgrade to a room with a balcony (because, hello, sunsets!)
- Free breakfast (because, duh!)
- Discounted spa treatment (because, you deserve it!)
- Early check-in/late check-out (because, let's make this a real vacation)
My advice? Don’t hesitate. Don't overthink it. Just book your stay at Favor Hotel and prepare to be utterly and completely charmed. You won't regret it. This is a slice of paradise… and it’s waiting for you. You can thank me later. Just, maybe, hide the mini-bar bill from me.
Jovinaj Travellers Inn: Your Dream General Santos Getaway Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercup, because we're diving headfirst into my wonderfully chaotic itinerary for the Favor Hotel Makassar, Indonesia. Forget perfectly polished travel blogs; this is going to be a glorious mess.
Favor Hotel Makassar: A Whirlwind of Humidity and Unexpected Delights (and Maybe Some Regret)
Day 1: Arrival and the Promise of… Well, Something.
- Morning (aka, HASSLE). Landed at Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport. This is where it started to go south. Customs took FOREVER. Like, I started considering building a sandcastle out of my passport just to pass the time. Finally, finally, through. Found a terrifyingly enthusiastic taxi driver named "Budi" who proceeded to drive like he was auditioning for a Fast & Furious sequel, but on a scooter. Held on for dear life, all while Budi was trying to sell me "the best nasi goreng in Makassar." I'm still not sure what's scarier, the driving or the food-related sales pitches.
- Afternoon: Favor Hotel Check-in and Existential Dread. The hotel itself? Okay, the lobby was cool, all polished marble and the smell of air conditioning blasting me in the face like a life raft. Check-in? Smooth. (Thank God.) The room… smaller than I imagined. Let's just say, my luggage and I are now intimately acquainted, as in, we're basically roommates. Immediately I was hit with a wave of jetlag that makes me question all my life choices.
- Evening: The Search for Sustenance and a Potential Food Poisoning Scare. Okay, so, the nasi goreng… The hotel restaurant was offering "International Cuisine", It was okay, but I was looking for something… more local. So, I ventured out. Big mistake. Ended up at a roadside warung bathed in the golden glow of a flickering bulb. The smells were incredible: sizzling meats, chilies, and something I couldn't quite identify but suspected was some kind of offal. Against my better judgment, I ordered the "Soto Makassar." It was… an experience. Let's just say a few hours later, my stomach and I were having a spirited, albeit one-sided, argument. I think I lost.
Day 2: A Diving Dive into Tana Toraja and a Crisis of Faith in My Packing Skills.
- Morning: The Early Bird Gets… Exhausted. Woke up regretting everything, the Soto, the offal-mystery, the decision to wear white pants. But I was also determined to visit Tana Toraja, that region of Indonesia known for its fascinating burial rituals. I booked a day trip, which meant an ungodly early wake-up call.
- All Day: Tana Toraja - Mind Officially Blown. So, the drive was long and bumpy, filled with cows and a constant fear of being eaten by a mosquito. BUT, Tana Toraja. Worth it. The villages are stunning, the rice paddies emerald green. We visited the cliffside graves of Lemo, where effigies of the dead are perched, watching over the landscape. Absolutely haunting. And then the tau-tau… the wooden statues. They are life sized, but they look somehow more human than that.
- Evening: The Back-Breaking Journey Back and a Quiet Contemplation. The journey back was even worse. The roads were rough. The air was thick. The traffic was insane. I swear I was asleep standing up for most of it. The hotel felt more like a haven than ever, and I collapsed, absolutely depleted. I am pretty sure I now need a whole new wardrobe.
Day 3: City exploration, street food and the dreaded sunburn.
- Morning: A Breakfast Battle and the Dread of Another Day. I was so exhausted from yesterday's trip that I almost didn't make it out of bed for breakfast. But I knew I had to, so I got up, and went, only to be greeted with a breakfast buffet that looked like it had been sitting out since the dawn of time. Decently enjoyable.
- Afternoon: The Joy of Streets and the Agony of Sun. Then I decided to brave the city, wandering the streets around Fort Rotterdam. This trip was much better. I visited the fish market. It was teeming with life and color and smells that made me both recoil and crave for more. Wandering through the streets, I suddenly felt an intense heat on my skin. Yup, I got a sunburn within like 15 minutes.
- Evening: A Dinner Date and the Promise of Air Conditioning. I'm going to dinner at a restaurant I've never been before with my friends. I can't wait. I've missed them and I know that they will take my mind of things.
Day 4: Departure and Lingering Regrets (and a Promise to Return?)
- Morning: Packing and the Bitter Goodbye. The moment of truth. Packing up my stuff. It was an awful process, I had all kinds of clothes. I'm not sure how I'm going to fit everything into my bags.
- Afternoon: Airport Anxiety and the Long Wait Home. The airport. It felt like a different world. The flight, the security, the farewells. And it felt like a dream. I had a great time. I will definitely be back.
Things I learned (Lessons, mostly unlearned):
- Always bring a backup pair of underpants. Always.
- Bargaining is a skill, not a suggestion.
- Sunscreen is a necessity, not a luxury.
- I'm probably not cut out for early mornings.
- My stomach hates me.
- Indonesia is incredible, chaotic, and utterly captivating.
Final Thoughts:
Favor Hotel Makassar? Decent. Perfectly fine. The experience? Unforgettable. Would I go back? Absolutely. But first, I need a long nap and a doctor's appointment. And maybe some over-the-counter antacids.
Ratchaphruek 2007: Uncover Chom Thong's Hidden Gem!
Unbelievable Makassar Luxury: Favor Hotel's Secret Paradise Awaits! (Let's Be Honest, It's Mostly About the Hotel, But Still...)
Okay, Okay, So What *Actually* Makes the Favor Hotel "Unbelievable"? Don't Give Me the Brochure BS.
Is the Favor Hotel *Really* in a Secret Paradise? Like, Is There a Hidden Waterfall or Something?
What About the Food? Is It All Just Hotel Buffet Bland-ness?
Did you actually *like* the hotel? Be Honest!
Okay, Spill. What’s the Biggest Annoyance, the Deal Breaker?
Is it good for solo travelers, couples, or families? What did you *see*?
And the Location? Is It Convenient?
Anything Else I Need to Know?! SECRET TIPS?!

