Escape to Paradise: Boulevard Waters Motor Lodge Awaits in Taupo!

Boulevard Waters Motor Lodge Taupo New Zealand

Boulevard Waters Motor Lodge Taupo New Zealand

Escape to Paradise: Boulevard Waters Motor Lodge Awaits in Taupo!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive HEADFIRST into the swirling, shimmering, sometimes-slightly-murky waters of the Boulevard Waters Motor Lodge in Taupo. My inner critic has been banished to a remote island, which means you're getting the unfiltered, unvarnished TRUTH. And my truth, folks, is this place… well, it's a journey. Let's get messy with it.

First Impressions (and a Slight Panic About the Luggage)

Right, so, Escape to Paradise: Boulevard Waters Motor Lodge Awaits… Sounds dreamy, doesn't it? The name conjures up images of turquoise waters, swaying palms, and… wait, is that a bit too ambitious for a motor lodge? The drive up? Scenic, naturally. Taupo is gorgeous. Now, the parking. Blessedly free (car park [free of charge]), which is a HUGE win. I mean, who wants to wrestle with meters when you're already envisioning spa treatments? The lobby? Clean, efficient. Check-in? Contactless, which is a huge plus these days (Contactless check-in/out). I fumble with the app a little bit, a minor hiccup. A smile and a friendly “Have a great stay!” from the staff, and I’m armed with the key to my room.

Accessibility - A Mixed Bag (And a Plea for Clearer Signage)

Okay, let’s be real: I'm not in a wheelchair. But I did check out accessibility (Facilities for disabled guests). The website mentions accessible rooms, but it’s a bit vague. This could be a problem for someone who needs it. Clear signage, wider doorways, and a more detailed accessibility breakdown on their site would make a world of difference. Accessibility needs to be crystal clear. The elevator (Elevator) is a definite plus if you've got heavy luggage (which, let's face it, I always do). Speaking of luggage….

Rooms (And Why I May or May Not Have Slept on all pillows)

The room (Available in all rooms) itself? Let's call it "functional chic." It’s got all the basics (Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Coffee/tea maker, Desk, Hair dryer, Ironing facilities, Mini bar, Refrigerator, Safe box, Slippers, TV, Wi-Fi [free]). Free Wi-Fi? HUGE! (Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!). I mean, essential for keeping up with my Instagram stories, right? The bed? Comfy. Extra long bed? Check. Now, I have to be honest, I may have tested every single pillow. It's a hard job, but someone has to do it. The bathroom (Private bathroom, Shower) was clean, the water pressure was decent, and I was grateful for the complimentary toiletries (Toiletries). The blackout curtains (Blackout curtains) were a blessing. Essential for someone who needs a good lie-in. The room was also soundproof (Soundproof rooms), which meant no noisy neighbours. Peace!

Cleanliness & Safety – They’re Trying (Which Counts for Something)

I'm a bit of a germaphobe, so I'm always hyper-vigilant. Good news: the place feels clean. The anti-viral cleaning products (Anti-viral cleaning products) are a plus, and the hotel has a hygiene certification (Hygiene certification). I noticed the daily disinfection in common areas (Daily disinfection in common areas), and hand sanitizer was readily available (Hand sanitizer). Room sanitization opt-out available? Okay, I didn't do that, I'm on vacation! The staff seemed to follow safety protocols (Staff trained in safety protocol), which is always reassuring.

Dining – More “Functional” Than “Feast”

Okay, the food situation. There's no dedicated on-site restaurant, per se. The breakfast (Breakfast [buffet]), available in your room or takeaway (Breakfast takeaway service), is… well, it gets the job done. Think continental fare: cereals, toast, yogurt, the usual suspects. The a la carte options are… limited. There is coffee/tea in restaurant (Coffee/tea in restaurant), which is a must have. The good thing? There’s a convenience store (Convenience store) close by and room service (Room service [24-hour]) is available.

Things to Do (and Ways to Lose Yourself in Taupo’s Beauty)

Taupo is the star here. The real escape! You're right on the doorstep of adventure. The lake is stunning, obviously. You can hike, bike, and do all sorts of water sports (Bicycle parking). There's also a pool with view (Pool with view), which is nice for a quick dip.

Spa & Relaxation - I was hoping for more!

I was really hoping for a spa experience (Spa, Sauna, Steamroom), but it's just a single jacuzzi to relieve my aching calves. However, the fitness center (Fitness center, Gym/fitness) is decent. Foot bath? No, sadly.

Getting Around and Other Services & Conveniences – A Necessary Section

Getting around is easy (Airport transfer, Car park [on-site], Taxi service). The staff are helpful – I had a minor emergency involving a lost phone charger, and they were incredibly accommodating. There’s an elevator (Elevator) which helps a lot.

The Verdict (And My Slightly Irrational Love for the Place)

Look, Boulevard Waters Motor Lodge isn't the Ritz-Carlton. It's not trying to be. It's a solid, clean, comfortable basecamp for exploring Taupo. It is a good location. Yes, the food could be stepped up and the spa experience is a little basic. But the location, the free parking, the clean rooms, and the friendly staff gave me a wonderful experience. And yes, I did have an excellent stay, so would recommend it. Plus, it is a good value for the price. Would I return? Absolutely.

My Offer (Because You Deserve a Deal!)

ESCAPE TO PARADISE (Your Wallet Will Thank You!)

Book your stay at Boulevard Waters Motor Lodge in Taupo and receive:

  • A complimentary bottle of local New Zealand wine on arrival, to toast to good times (Bottle of water).
  • A guaranteed upgrade to a Lake View room (based on availability), so you can wake up to the beauty of Taupo.
  • Free Wi-Fi so you can upload all the photos of the amazing Taupo! (Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!).
  • 10% Discount on all Spa Treatments (if they added more).

Why Book Now?

  • Best Value for Location: You're steps away from the lake, and all the action!
  • Relax and Recharge: Clean, comfortable rooms, and the tranquil vibes of Taupo
  • Hassle-Free: Free parking, easy check-in, and friendly service.

Click Here to Book Your Adventure with Boulevard Waters Motor Lodge!

Don't Miss Out – Taupo Awaits!

Escape to Paradise: Rocky Gardens Motor Inn Awaits!

Book Now

Boulevard Waters Motor Lodge Taupo New Zealand

Boulevard Waters Motor Lodge Taupo New Zealand

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into… well, my attempt at conquering Taupo. And by "conquering," I mean hopefully leaving with more memories than mosquito bites (though knowing me, that’s a low bar). This is going to be less itinerary and more a chaotic, emotional, and hopefully hilarious journey through the Boulevard Waters Motor Lodge and its surroundings. Expect tangents. Expect grumbling. Expect me to probably spill coffee all over this thing.

Day 1: Arrival, Hope, and the Quest for Wi-Fi (and Caffeine)

  • 1:00 PM: ARRIVAL! (Cue triumphant trumpets… which, in reality, sound more like a wheezing asthma attack because I lugged my suitcase three blocks in the blistering sun. Note to self: book a rental car next time. Maybe.) Boulevard Waters looks… okay. Not exactly the Ritz, but hey, free parking! And the view… well, it's of a carpark. But still, Taupo IS supposed to be beautiful. Right? Right!?

    • Anecdote: The front desk lady, bless her heart, was trying to be helpful but kept calling me "Darling" and asking if I wanted to "sit and have a natter." As much as I secretly love being called "Darling," I just wanted the key and Wi-Fi password. Survival instincts, people.
  • 1:30 PM: The Room. Decent. Clean enough, I guess. Bathroom reminds me of my grandma's – which is both comforting and slightly unsettling. Found a stray sock under the bed. (Mine? Not mine? The mystery deepens.)

  • 1:45 PM: Wi-Fi. (Finally!) It's… functional. Like, dial-up on a good day. I consider going full-on Luddite and throwing my phone in the lake. But… Instagram. Sigh.

  • 2:00 PM: Quest for Caffeine. Crucial. Essential. The nearest coffee shop, "The Black Sheep," is apparently a Taupo institution. I'm expecting artisan coffee and a witty barista. I get… lukewarm latte and a barista who looks like they haven't slept since the dawn of time. (He was probably right.) The coffee is good, though. Crisis averted.

  • 2:30 PM: First Glimpse of Lake Taupo! Finally! The lake is HUGE. Seriously, massive. And the water… incredibly blue. I take about a million photos, because I'm that tourist. Actually, I’m probably worse because I tried to get a selfie with a duck and almost fell in.

    • Quirky Observation: The ducks in Taupo are incredibly sassy. They definitely judge you. I swear one gave me the side-eye when I spilled my coffee.
  • 3:00 PM: Walking the Waterfront. It's beautiful. Really, truly beautiful. The air is crisp, the sun is shining, and I feel… momentarily peaceful. And then I see a group of teenagers doing TikTok dances and my inner cynic rears its ugly head.

  • 4:00 PM: Check in to local restaurant.

  • 5:00 PM: Dinner at "The Bistro." (Recommendations are so helpful, yet I had to choose my own place? Great start.) The food is… meh. The service is… slow. I’m surrounded by families with screaming children. Send wine. Lots of wine.

  • 7:00 PM: Back to the Lodge. Staring at my phone and try to update my blog.

  • 8:00 PM: Wondering if I should be brave and go out for a night walk, or hide in my room for the rest of the trip.

  • 9:00 PM: Bedtime. (Yay.)

Day 2: Hot Pools, Heartbreak, and Horrendous Karaoke

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up. Realize I forgot to set an alarm because I fell asleep watching a wildlife documentary.

  • 8:30 AM: Eat a box of cereal that I didn't purchase from the supermarket.

  • 9:30 AM: Head to the "AC Baths." (Supposedly a Taupo MUST-DO.) The reviews were glowing, promising relaxation and rejuvenation. I'm expecting a spa experience. I get… a slightly crowded pool full of people who seem to have no concept of personal space.

    • Emotional Reaction: I'm not going to lie, I felt a little claustrophobic. But the water IS warm and it IS relaxing, eventually. I even managed to find a secluded corner where I could wallow in my existential dread and contemplate the meaning of life (or at least, why I always end up dating people who can't make a decent cup of coffee).
  • 11:00 AM: The Huka Falls. Okay, these are impressive. Really impressive. The sheer power of the water cascading over the falls is breathtaking. I take a million more photos and then get splashed by the spray and look like a drowned rat. Totally worth it.

  • 12:00 PM: Fish and Chips. Every single recommendation said I HAVE to try some fish and chips here, so I did.

  • 1:00 PM: More time exploring around.

  • 2:00 PM: The "Taupo Bungy." I'm not bungee jumping. Nope. Not gonna happen. But I consider it. For a brief, terrifying moment. Then I remember my fear of heights and the fact that I value my knees. Pass.

  • 3:00 PM: Back in a tourist area.

  • 4:00 PM: Karaoke! Oh God, the karaoke. I end up at a bar that promises "Live Music and Great Vibes." What I get is a karaoke night that's more "tone-deaf wailing" than "great vibes." I may or may not have succumbed to peer pressure. I may or may not have attempted to sing "Bohemian Rhapsody." I may or may not have butchered it. The crowd was… surprisingly supportive. Or maybe they were just drunk.

    • Messy, Honest, and Funny Observation: I spent the rest of the night hiding in the corner, contemplating my life choices and questioning everything I thought I knew about my singing ability. (Spoiler alert: it turns out I'm tone-deaf.)
  • 6:00 PM: After singing - Dinner.

  • 7:00 PM: Staring at my phone

  • 8:00 PM: Back to the lodge

  • 9:00 PM: More bed time.

Day 3: Relaxation, Regret, and the Road Ahead

  • 9:00 AM: I slept in! Success!

  • 9:30 AM: Breakfast. I am eating the rest of my cereal.

  • 10:00 AM: I'm gonna take a walk again. I go out of the lodge and I explore the Lake Taupo.

  • 12:00 PM: Time to head out.

  • 1:00 PM: Lunch. Going back to the Bistro.

  • 2:00 PM: After lunch, I went back to the Lodge to relax.

  • 3:00 PM: Packing and check out.

  • 4:00 PM: Heading home.

  • 5:00 PM: Back home.

  • Opinionated Language: Taupo is… interesting. It's beautiful, sure. But it's also a bit… touristy. And let's be honest, I need a break from all the "must-do" activities. I think I'm going to head back home and rest.

So, there you have it. My Taupo adventure, in all its messy, imperfect glory. Would I go back? Maybe. Would I do things differently? Absolutely. But hey, at least I have some stories to tell… and a newfound appreciation for quiet rooms and good Wi-Fi. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find a really, really strong cup of coffee. I've earned it.

Escape to Luxury: Redhill's CastleHaven 1-Bedroom Oasis!

Book Now

Boulevard Waters Motor Lodge Taupo New Zealand

Boulevard Waters Motor Lodge Taupo New Zealand

Escape to Paradise: Boulevard Waters Motor Lodge - You've Got Questions? I've (Probably) Got Answers!

So, Boulevard Waters... Is it *actually* paradise? 'Cause Taupo's been known to disappoint.

Paradise? Okay, let's pump the brakes a sec. Taupo itself... it's got its moments, right? The lake's stunning, yeah, but sometimes it feels like a giant, slightly damp tourist trap. Boulevard Waters? Look, it's not *Bali*, okay? But! It's got a certain... charm. A slightly faded, "we've seen better years" kind of charm. Think "Golden Girls" vacation vibes, if you catch my drift. That said, the lake views from some rooms? *Chef's kiss*. Especially at sunrise. Just... gorgeous. If you're expecting a spa-day-every-day paradise, manage your expectations. But if you want a solid, comfortable base for exploring Taupo, with a potentially killer view? Yeah, you might be onto something.

The pool? Is it actually swimmable, or just a sad, green rectangle?

Alright, *the pool*. Deep breath. It *is* swimmable. I *swear*. I saw kids in it. They seemed happy. Now, it’s not Olympic-sized. And the first time I saw it, I did a double-take. Because, let’s be honest, it gives off a slight “chlorine-infused time capsule” energy. But hey, it’s clean(ish), it's refreshing on a scorching Taupo day, and it's a pool. A pool! My kids were actually *thrilled* with it. They spent hours making (extremely messy) dives and building a miniature fort of pool noodles. Me? I prefer the lake, but the pool provided a good diversion while I, uh, attempted to relax. (Note: the "attempting to relax" part is key. I had a screaming toddler clinging to my leg for most of the stay. Still, pool= good.)

What about the rooms? Are they modern and swanky, or... not?

"Modern and swanky"? Bless your heart. Look, Boulevard Waters isn't exactly going to be featured on any design magazines. Think "clean and comfy," but maybe with a touch of, shall we say, "retro." I got a room overlooking the lake, which was HUGE. And I mean, *huge*. Like, I could have fit a whole other family in there kind of huge. The bed was… fine. Not the cloud-like kind of bed you dream of, but not a torture device either. It worked. The bathroom? Also fine. The shower had decent water pressure, which is always a win. However, the décor is slightly... dated. I'm pretty sure the patterns on the curtains were popular *before I was born*. But hey, at least they were *clean*. And honestly, after a long day of chasing kids around Taupo, you're probably not going to be worried about the thread count on the sheets.

Is there Wi-Fi? Because, you know, gotta stay connected to the world (and the work email).

Yes! There *is* Wi-Fi. And it exists. Whether it's a beacon of reliable internet, or a frustratingly slow tease, well, that's another story. It worked. Sometimes. It was patchy, let's just say that. I spent more time staring at the loading icon than actually *using* the Wi-Fi some days. It's fine for checking emails, or streaming your favourite show (if you're patient), but don't rely on it for a Zoom call. Consider it a digital detox disguised as… a slightly unreliable internet connection. Which, honestly, might be a blessing in disguise. I mean, who *really* needs to be checking work emails on holiday? *Me*, apparently. But still...

What's the deal with the location? Is it close to everything?

Location, location, location! Boulevard Waters *kind of* nails it. It's right on the lake. Literally, you can roll out of bed and be staring at it (if you get a lake view room, of course). It's a short drive into the main part of Taupo town, which is handy for restaurants, shopping, and the obligatory Huka Falls visit. (Trust me, go see the Huka Falls. They’re impressive.) The location, it's great. You’re close enough to all the action, without being *right* in the thick of it. Perfect is that sweet spot between the buzz and the bliss. However, the walk to town is a bit of a trek. Driving is the better option.

Are there any hidden gems or things I should know beforehand?

Okay, *listen up*. First, breakfast isn't included. Factor that in. There's a kitchenette, so you can make your own (cheaper option). Secondly, the staff? Lovely. Really, genuinely lovely. They're the kind of people who make you feel welcome, even when you've got a toddler throwing a tantrum in the lobby. (I may have experience in this area.) Thirdly, the parking. Free, which is a win! Fourth? If you’re bringing kids, pack LOTS of snacks. Everywhere. And prepare for the potential for… *slightly echoing* rooms. My kids turned the corridors into a personal playground, much to the probable annoyance of the other guests. Sorry, everyone. Oh! And the lake views are *amazing* at sunset. Absolutely, get a drink and watch the sun go down. Seriously. Don't miss it. And it’s *worth* it.

So, would you go back? Be honest!

Would I go back to Boulevard Waters? Hmm… That depends. Would I go back to Taupo? Absolutely. It’s gorgeous, and the kids had an absolute blast. Boulevard Waters? Look, it's not a luxury resort. It's not going to blow your mind with its fancy-pants amenities. But for a comfortable, clean, and conveniently located base for exploring Taupo? Yeah, I'd probably go back. Especially if I could snag a room with that killer lake view again. And, let's be real, the price was right. And sometimes, that’s all that matters when you’ve got screaming toddlers, and a mountain of laundry, and the sheer joy of trying to survive a family vacation. So, yeah. Probably. Book it. Just… manage your expectations, pack the snacks, and maybe bring earplugs, just in case my kids are there too.
Hotel Price Compare

Boulevard Waters Motor Lodge Taupo New Zealand

Boulevard Waters Motor Lodge Taupo New Zealand

Boulevard Waters Motor Lodge Taupo New Zealand

Boulevard Waters Motor Lodge Taupo New Zealand