Udon Thani's BEST Kept Secret: City Inn Awaits!

City Inn Udon Thani Thailand

City Inn Udon Thani Thailand

Udon Thani's BEST Kept Secret: City Inn Awaits!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the (deliciously clean) tea on Udon Thani's actual best-kept secret: City Inn Awaits! Forget those sterile, cookie-cutter hotels – this place is… well, it's a little quirky, a bit rough around the edges, but utterly charming and, honestly? A lifesaver if you're navigating Udon Thani. And I'm not just saying that; I've experienced it, and I'm here to give you the full, unvarnished truth.

First Impressions (and Why Accessibility Matters!)

Okay, so let's be real. Flying into Udon Thani isn't exactly a glamorous affair. But the shuttle service (airport transfer, check!) went smoothly, and pulling up to City Inn? Relief. The exterior isn't some shimmering skyscraper; it's more… solid. Functional. And the main thing? Accessibility. HUGE thumbs up. This is a major win:

  • Wheelchair Accessible? YES. I saw ramps, elevators, the whole shebang.
  • Elevator? Absolutely. Thank GOD, especially after a long flight.
  • Facilities for Disabled Guests? They've got 'em, and that's so incredibly important.
  • And for everyone Air conditioning in public area is a MUST especially in this climate!!

From the moment you walk in the door, you can tell that City Inn is really trying. The front desk staff? Smiling. Helpful. And speaking of the front desk…

  • 24-Hour Front Desk? You betcha. This is crucial. Jet lag? Random need for extra towels? They've got you.
  • Check-in/Out [Express]? Yes, and it's fantastic when you just want to crash.
  • Check-in/Out [Private] a nice touch, away from the other guests.
  • Concierge is there!

Rooms & The Nitty-Gritty

Now, let's talk rooms. My room… was a room. Clean (thank goodness, see below!), functional, and had everything I needed.

  • Free Wi-Fi in All Rooms! YES! This is essential for streaming your favorite shows or getting some work done.

  • Internet Access – Wireless (and LAN!) Again, vital.

  • Air Conditioning? Oh, yes. Bless the AC.

  • Hot Water for washing? It's a real gamechanger.

  • Daily Housekeeping? Yep, and they were efficient.

  • In-Room Safe Box? Nice to have for peace of mind.

  • Blackout Curtains? Essential for sleeping off the jet lag or taking a mid-afternoon nap.

  • Bathrobes, Slippers and some Toiletries? The little things that make a HUGE difference.

  • Extra long bed? YES! I'm tall, and I really appreciate this.

I'm going to admit I was a little obsessed with the details. So, I got the room with the mirror, and the mini bar, and those extra long bed. And there's a reading light! No complaining, but the décor is a little dated, it's nothing fancy but it's perfect. My room had a coffee maker, and that was essential.

Cleanliness & Safety – Because Let's Be Real, Pandemic Life

Okay, this is where City Inn really shines. They're taking COVID seriously, and that made me feel SO much safer.

  • Rooms Sanitized Between Stays? Absolutely. I saw the evidence.

  • Anti-viral Cleaning Products? Check.

  • Daily Disinfection in Common Areas? They were constantly wiping things down.

  • Hand Sanitizer Everywhere? Yup.

  • Staff Trained in Safety Protocol? Yes, the staff was very professional.

  • Safe Dining Setup? Well thought out.

  • CCTV in Common Areas and CCTV outside property? I like seeing this, just in case.

  • Smoke alarms? Yes!

  • Fire extinguisher? Perfect!

  • First aid kit? I didn’t need it, but I liked to see it!

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Food Glorious Food!

Alright, food! This part was… a mixed bag.

  • Breakfast [Buffet]? They have Asian foods!
  • Breakfast Takeaway Service? Yup.
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant? Yes!
  • Poolside bar? Ohh yes!
  • Restaurants? Yes, multiple.

The restaurant? They serve a variety of cuisines.

  • Asian cuisine in restaurant, and International cuisine in restaurant Yup!
  • A la carte in restaurant, YES!

And the best part? They have:

  • Breakfast [buffet] and Vegetarian Restaurant,
  • Desserts in restaurant,
  • Soup in restaurant,
  • Salad in restaurant.

Alright, maybe not the most gourmet experience, but it was perfectly acceptable, filling, and convenient. And the coffee? Not bad at all.

Relaxation & Things to Do – Time to Unwind

This is where City Inn went from “perfectly fine” to “actually, pretty darn good.”

  • Swimming Pool [Outdoor]: The shimmering pool with the view? AMAZING. Seriously, I spent hours lounging there. And yeah, the pool itself could handle a few more lounge chairs, but it was still divine.
  • Gym/Fitness Center: Okay, I didn't actually use the gym, but it was there, which is a bonus for the fitness fanatics. Plus, I saw a Sauna, Spa/sauna.
  • Spa: I didn’t use it, but it was a point!

Here’s the Anecdote I Promised, Because Life Isn't Perfect

So, I totally went full-on relaxation mode, got a massage. Oh, yes, the massage. I was feeling a bit stressed after the flight and let me tell you, it was one of the best massages I’ve EVER had. The masseuse was incredible, and I emerged feeling like a limp noodle in the BEST way possible. Pure bliss. Then, I grabbed a drink at the poolside bar, and watched the sunset. The sunset! Incredible.

Services and Conveniences – The Little Extras That Matter

So let's cover the extras:

  • Luggage storage? Helpful.
  • Laundry service? Essential.
  • Dry cleaning? Handy.
  • Meetings, they can host Seminars, and they have Meeting/banquet facilities
  • Cash withdrawal? Yeah.

For the Kids & Pets

  • Family/child friendly,

Getting Around – The Logistics

  • Airport transfer: Easy Peasy.
  • Car park [free of charge]. A huge bonus!

The Quirks (Because No Place is Perfect!)

Okay, let's get real. City Inn isn't a five-star resort. There were a few little quirks:

  • The decor. It's comfortable, not minimalist.
  • Some of the signage could be clearer.

But honestly, these are minor quibbles.

City Inn Awaits – My Honest Verdict

Here’s the thing: City Inn Awaits is a solid choice. It's not flashy, but it's comfortable, clean, safe, and convenient. The staff is lovely. The pool is divine. The location is good. For the price point, it’s an absolute steal. It isn’t just a place to crash; it’s a place to truly relax and experience Udon Thani.

My Emotional Verdict: I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. It's a genuine place with heart, and it's become my go-to Udon Thani hotel.

SEO-Focused Offer to Book Now – And Why You Should!

Tired of bland hotels? Craving authenticity? Book your escape to City Inn Awaits in Udon Thani today!

Here's why you should: (and what you'll find on the website)

  • Unbeatable Accessibility: Wheelchair accessible, elevators, and facilities for disabled guests means everyone can enjoy a relaxing stay. Accessible rooms and services are available.
  • Relax & Rejuvenate: Dive into our stunning outdoor pool. Indulge in a massage or spa treatment. Take your mind off of it all. We offer a lot of ways to relax, and plenty of things to do.
  • Safety First: We're committed to your well-being. Enjoy peace of mind with anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection, and staff trained for your safety. Hygiene certification available.
  • Delicious Dining: Start your day with a delicious Asian or Western breakfast. Enjoy Asian and International cuisine at our restaurant.
  • Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected with free Wi-Fi in all rooms, and the freedom to work from your room
Escape to Paradise: Tongyeong's Byeolbichae Spa Pension Awaits!

Book Now

City Inn Udon Thani Thailand

City Inn Udon Thani Thailand

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! You're stepping into my brain, and let me tell you, it's a glorious mess. Here's a travel itinerary for Udon Thani, starting from the supposed comfort of City Inn, but trust me, comfort is relative when you're dealing with me. It's going to be… interesting.

Udon Thani: My Brain's Itinerary (and Maybe Yours Too)

Day 1: Arrival and Existential Dread in the Land of Smile

  • Morning (or whenever I wake up, because jet lag is a cruel mistress): Arrive at UTH, the Udon Thani airport. First impressions? Hot. Humid. And why is everyone so freaking nice? Seriously, those Thai smiles. It's unsettling, in a good way… probably. I’m immediately craving a strong coffee, maybe a Singha to settle my nerves. Taxi to the City Inn. Oh, look a sign for a “Massage Parlor” on the way, hmmm… I'll make a note of it… maybe.

  • The City Inn Debacle: Okay, so the City Inn. Expectations? A clean bed and hopefully, functioning air conditioning. Realities? Well, the AC does work, praise be! The bed… it's a bed. Cleanish? Look, I didn't exactly bring a microscope. I’m also pretty sure there's a faint smell of… something. Let’s just call it “Thai-ness”. I also noticed my towel has a stain… I’ll make a note of it. The room also feels a little like a storage unit, with the lighting from the 80s. The staff seems pleasant enough. I try to practice my very limited Thai greetings. Probably mangled it, but hey, I tried.

  • Afternoon: The Street Food Inquisition: Gotta eat. Gotta live. Google Maps becomes my best friend (and sometimes, my worst enemy). I venture out, and the sensory overload begins. The smells! The sights! The honking! I end up at a street food stall. Ordering is a comedy of errors. I point, I gesture, I use the universal sign language of "I'm starving." I get something. It's… spicy. Really spicy. Tears stream down my face. But it’s also… delicious. I hate it, I love it, I am a mess. Note to self: learn how to say "not spicy" (mai phet).

  • Evening: Night Market Nirvana (or at least, a good approximation): The Udon Thani Night Market is a wonderland. So much to eat so much to see. So many random souvenir items! I browse. I contemplate buying a ridiculously oversized elephant statue. I don't. Smart me! I try a few more street food delicacies. More spicy things follow. I buy a Chang beer, feel much better. I watch the world go by, mostly in a happy haze. A group of kids are having a karaoke battle, and I'm pretty sure they're all better singers than me. I’m very jealous.

  • Bedtime: Back to the City Inn. Reflect on the day. Wonder if I’ll be able to sleep. Probably not. My brain is buzzing with new experiences. That "Thai-ness" smell is still there. Did I eat too many spicy things? Definitely. But hey, it Udon Thani, right? Day 2: Temples and Regrets (Mostly Regrets)

  • Morning: Temple Tour (Or At Least Staring at Temples): Armed with my trusty Lonely Planet guide (which I should have read before I arrived, but hey, hindsight is 20/20), I head out to explore the temples. Wat Phothisomphon is my first stop. I’m suitably impressed (or at least, pretending to be). I wander around, soak it all in. The air smells of incense and history. I make a mental note to take more photos. I didn’t take enough.

  • Food Interlude: I decide to try a local cafe, for the promise of a good iced coffee. Maybe there is a good cafe. Maybe not. The coffee drink arrives. It's okay. I feel a pang of longing for decent coffee, back in my normal life.

  • Afternoon: The "Massage Parlor" Inquiry (And Potential Disappointment): Okay, remember that sign? The one for the massage "parlor" near the hotel? Curiosity got the better of me. I venture over. The place is… what you'd expect. I wince at the prices. I almost turn around. But, hey, tourist, right? I go for a foot massage. It's okay. Not amazing. Not terrible. Just… a massage. I should’ve been more adventurous. I regret my choices. Mostly because my feet still hurt from all the walking.

  • Evening: The "Oh God, What Did I Eat?" Crisis: You knew it was coming. Food poisoning? Maybe. Too much spice? Definitely. I spend the evening hugging the toilet. I'm miserable. I curse my impulsive eating habits. I curse the spicy food gods. I vow to only eat plain rice for the rest of my trip. (Spoiler alert: I break that vow within 12 hours).

  • Bedtime (Maybe): If I can sleep, it will be a miracle. Thinking about the good things from the day; the temple; the people. The bad things? The stomach ache. Day 3: The Journey Away (Or Embracing the Chaos)

  • Morning: Goodbye! I'm leaving Udon Thani. Maybe for the best. The City Inn has served its purpose. I'll leave a note about the stain. Good riddance. On to the next adventure!

  • The Wrap-Up: Udon Thani, you were… an experience. A spicy, sweaty, slightly overwhelming, and yet, undeniably charming experience. I learned a lot. I screwed up a lot. I ate way too much. I'm still not completely sure what I ate. I can’t wait to see what will happen next… Thailand, here I come!

  • Departure: On to wherever I’m going next, probably exhausted, probably with a slightly questionable stomach, but definitely richer for the experience.

Important Notes (or Things I'll Probably Forget):

  • Sunscreen: Seriously, slather it on.
  • Mosquito Repellent: Those little buggers mean business.
  • Bargaining: It's expected at the markets. Be polite, be firm, and don't feel bad.
  • Learn a Few Basic Thai Phrases: It's appreciated, even if you butcher them.
  • Embrace the Unexpected: That’s where the best stories come from.

And there you have it. My honest, messy, probably incomplete guide to Udon Thani. Go forth, explore, and be prepared for the chaos. You won't regret it (maybe). Mostly. Probably.

Unbelievable Ural River Views! Epic Flat in Uralsk, Kazakhstan

Book Now

City Inn Udon Thani Thailand

City Inn Udon Thani Thailand

City Inn Awaits: Your Udon Thani Deep Dive (Seriously, This Place!) - FAQs You *Actually* Need

Okay, "Best Kept Secret" – Seriously? What’s The Hype Around City Inn?

Alright, buckle up, because this isn’t some meticulously curated travel blog. This is real talk. City Inn? It *is* a best-kept secret. For starters, it’s not pretending to be some fancy pants resort. It’s... honest. Clean. Comfortable. And *cheap*. Like, seriously cheap. Remember that time I accidentally booked a different, supposed "luxury" hotel? The pictures were gorgeous, the reality was… mold. Trust me, you'll appreciate the reliability of City Inn. It's like a dependable friend in a city you might not otherwise know. You're not going to find chandeliers or a private beach, but what you *will* find is a solid, safe base to explore Udon Thani. And honestly, after a day sweating your… well, you'll appreciate the air conditioning!

Location, Location, Location! Is City Inn actually *convenient*? Because I’m REALLY bad with directions.

Convenient? Honey, it's practically *stapled* to the city center! I’m spatially challenged, okay? My sense of direction is… let’s just say, “optimistic.” But even *I* could stumble out of City Inn and find a decent Pad Thai within minutes. The market? Close. Nightlife? Near. Seriously, you’re within walking distance of everything that matters. Except maybe the airport, but tuk-tuks are plentiful and cheap. (Pro-tip: Negotiate the price *before* you get in. I learned that the hard way... multiple times). The bus station is also nearby to get on the way to another region.

The Rooms - Are They Actually… Livable? I'm a bit of a princess.

Livable? Yes! Princess-worthy? Maybe not. Okay, let's be real. It’s not the Ritz. But the rooms are clean, the beds are comfy, and the air conditioning works like a champ. That's the most important thing when you're in Thailand. Remember that time I thought I could rough it in a "budget" guesthouse with a faulty fan? Let's just say, sleeping in a sauna isn't fun. The bathrooms are… functional. Don't expect a spa experience, but the water works, and the towels aren’t threadbare. This is a good place to rest your head.

Breakfast – Is it Included? And is it… edible? Because hotel breakfasts are a gamble.

Yes, breakfast is usually included! And is it edible? Well… it's… uncomplicated. Think toast, eggs (sometimes questionable), and coffee that will wake you up even if your existential dread doesn't. It's not a culinary masterpiece. But it's free, it's fuel, and it'll get you going. Trust me, after a night of experiencing Udon Thani's nightlife, you'll be grateful for whatever you can get into your stomach. Don't go in expecting Michelin stars, and you'll be fine. Okay maybe a little bit underwhelmed.

What About the Staff? Are they friendly and helpful? Because I'm a HUGE complainer when I am out of the country.

The staff? Generally, yeah. They're not going to be overly effusive, but they're polite, they speak enough English to get by, and they'll try their best to help you. Keep in mind, this isn't a five-star hotel with concierges falling all over themselves. But they're decent, and that's really all you need. If you are a huge complainer, try to keep it down. Kindness goes a long way.

Okay, Spill the Tea: Is City Inn REALLY a "Best Kept Secret?" Or is it just…meh?

Look, “best kept secret” is a bit of a stretch. It's not a secret anymore, thanks to my ramblings! But it *is* a damn good choice for a low-key, reliable stay in Udon Thani. It’s not flashy. It's not Instagram-worthy. But it’s clean, convenient, affordable, and—most importantly—it doesn't disappoint. It’s a good, honest experience and the best value for money you will find in Udon Thani. And in a world of overhyped hotels, that's a refreshing change. Plus, you can spend your money on the *good* stuff like street food, massages, and maybe a few beers.

I'm Thinking of Doing a Longer Trip. Does City Inn Offer Any Long-Stay Discounts or Specials?

Good question! They *might*. It’s always worth asking. Honestly, just call them directly, or walk in there and talk to them. That’s what I do. They’re really approachable. They are not necessarily very active with their internet presence, so calling and getting a quote would be the easiest. You'll probably get a better rate than just booking online.

What’s the WiFi like? Because I have a serious internet addiction

The Wi-Fi? It's… well, let's just say it's functional. It's not lightning-fast. Don't expect to Livestream your entire trip or download huge files. It's enough to check emails, browse, and post a few Instagram stories (which, let's be honest, is the most important thing). I will fully admit that using the internet there once almost made me miss my bus because I couldn’t stop browsing the web! But there are much worse internet connections out there, trust me.

Okay, I’M SOLD. Is There Anything I NEED to Know Before I Book? Any Hidden Gotchas?

Okay, the *gotchas*. Here's the thing. It's not a fancy place. Really. There's no pool. The elevator is… let’s say, it could use some love. The noise levels can vary depending on the room location and street noise, but you can often find peace and quiet by requesting a room away from main streets. And while the staff is generally helpful, don’t expect a personal butler. But honestly? For the price and the location? It’s a steal. Just go in with realistic expectations. You won't be disappointed. Be sure to check directly on their website. I almost missed the location the first time I went!
Stay Finder Review

City Inn Udon Thani Thailand

City Inn Udon Thani Thailand

City Inn Udon Thani Thailand

City Inn Udon Thani Thailand