
Escape to Shimla's Majestic Mountains: Unbelievable Views at Treebo Northern Retreat!
Escape to Shimla's Majestic Mountains: Treebo Northern Retreat - My (Unfiltered) Review!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on Treebo Northern Retreat in Shimla. Forget the perfectly curated Instagram feeds; this is the real deal. And honestly? It’s a bit of a wild ride. Let's dive in, shall we?
First Impressions and Getting There: The Rollercoaster Begins!
Right, so accessibility. Technically, the website says "facilities for disabled guests." I'm not disabled, so I can't personally vouch for specifics but do check with the hotel directly. Getting TO Shimla? Uhm, that was a journey. The road, bless its heart, had more twists and turns than a Bollywood plot twist. But hey, the views? Amazing. The sheer drop offs? Less amazing, but hey, adrenaline! They do offer airport transfer and taxi service, which I highly recommend after the heart-stopping drive. There’s car park [free of charge] and car park [on-site], which is handy because finding parking in Shimla is like finding a unicorn wearing a sombrero.
Rooms: Cozy Nests with a View (Mostly!)
Okay, let's talk rooms. The website's right, the views are unbelievable. Seriously, the mountains just tower. I opted for a room with a view, and it was worth every penny. Picture this: waking up, pulling back the blackout curtains (thank GOD, because the sun in Shimla is BRUTAL), and BAM! Lush green slopes, clear blue skies. Pure Instagram gold, even though, let's be honest, I'm more of a "snap, delete, repeat" kinda person.
My room had the basics – air conditioning, a coffee/tea maker (essential for my caffeine dependency), a refrigerator for those late-night snacks (more on that later!), and a free Wi-Fi. They boast free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and Internet access – wireless, which, FYI, is crucial. Let's be real, nobody wants to be completely disconnected these days. There's also Internet access - LAN, which I didn't even try. I’m a wireless kind of gal.
Now, the not-so-perfect bits. The bathroom phone? Bit of a throwback, like a rotary dial phone. The scale? Reminded me I'd eaten one too many samosas. But hey, bathrobes and slippers made up for it. And look, the soundproofing could have been better. I could occasionally hear my neighbor practicing his karaoke, which was… an experience. There’s desk, desk, desk. Why so many desks?
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Eat, Drink, and Be… Wary?
Right, food. This is where things get…interesting. They have a restaurant, and restaurants (plural!). Nice! There’s international cuisine in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, and a vegetarian restaurant. Okay, sounds promising. There’s even a coffee shop! But the menu sometimes felt like it was trying to be everything to everyone, and the execution wasn’t always on point.
I had breakfast [buffet] a couple of mornings. The Asian breakfast options looked intriguing, and then I went for the scrambled eggs, which were…fine. You get breakfast service including Western breakfast. I did enjoy the coffee/tea in restaurant. The bottle of water in the room and the complimentary tea was pretty handy, and I always appreciated the availability of essential condiments.
I also sampled the room service [24-hour] (because, hello, vacation!). Sometimes it was a lifesaver, sometimes it was… less so. Let’s just say the timings were a bit…variable. I also noticed they had a poolside bar.
The snack bar was a welcome addition for those mid-afternoon cravings. There was a salad in restaurant and a soup in restaurant. There was also desserts in restaurant. What they did well, they did really well. What they didn’t, well, let’s just say there were opportunities for improvement.
Things to Do and Ways to Relax: Spa Dreams and Fitness Fails
Okay, now for the good stuff. The supposed Pool with view. There is an Swimming pool [outdoor]! So, let me tell you about that swimming pool. The Spa here is the business.. The Spa/sauna. The Sauna is where I melted into a puddle of pure relaxation. I had a massage and practically floated out. I also enjoyed the Body scrub and Body wrap – seriously, do yourself a favor and book it. They also have a steamroom.
Then there's the gym. The Fitness center. I attempted to go. Let’s just say the equipment looked… well-loved. And I am not sure the lighting and ventilation were top-notch. So, I’m counting the spa as my only form of exercise.
Cleanliness and Safety: Sanitized, But Not Sterile (Thank Goodness)
Okay, massive props for hygiene. In these times, that's huge. Every time I entered, the door was opened, a hand sanitizer dispenser was readily available and everyone wore a mask. The rooms were clean, there was daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays, anti-viral cleaning products, and a generally reassuring vibe. Felt safe. There’s also a doctor/nurse on call. I didn’t need them, thankfully! They have smoke alarms, fire extinguisher, and CCTV in common areas, plus CCTV outside property, and security [24-hour]. Also, the service was excellent!
Services and Conveniences: The Hotel's Little Extras
They have a ton of services, including concierge, dry cleaning, ironing service, luggage storage. There is a convenience store. They also have facilities for disabled guests and elevator. I really appreciated the daily housekeeping. They also offer cash withdrawal which is helpful. They have a safety deposit boxes. There is Air conditioning in public area, which is a lifesaver in the Shimla heat.
For the Kids: Family Fun (Maybe)
They are Family/child friendly. They offer a babysitting service and kids facilities.
Getting Around: On Your Own Two Feet (Mostly)
They've got car park [free of charge] and car park [on-site]. They do arrange Airport transfer. They offer the Taxi service.
Overall Vibe: Charm with a Sprinkle of Quirks
Overall, Treebo Northern Retreat is a mixed bag. It's not perfect, but honestly, that's part of its charm. The views are mind-blowing, the spa is heavenly, and the staff are genuinely friendly and helpful. Some things could use a little polish, but the experience is undeniably memorable. It’s got a slightly vintage, slightly quirky vibe that I found endearing.
My Verdict?
Would I go back? Absolutely. Especially for the spa. Would I recommend it? Yes, with a few caveats. If you're looking for absolute perfection, this might not be it. But if you’re after a memorable stay in a stunning location with a healthy dose of relaxation, then book it, you won’t regret it.
Grab this deal now because it's not going to last! Escape to Shimla's Majestic Mountains: Unbelievable Views at Treebo Northern Retreat!
Here's Why You NEED to Book NOW:
- Unbeatable Views: Wake up to panoramic views of the Himalayas. Seriously, it's breathtaking.
- Spa Bliss: Treat yourself to a massage, body wrap, and other spa treatments at the best spa here! You’ll be so relaxed that you’ll think you're floating in the air.
- Safe & Sound: We are committed to your safety and peace of mind with stringent cleaning and safety protocols.
- Adventure & Relaxation: Enjoy a range of activities, or simply unwind and soak up the serene atmosphere.
- Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected and share your stunning photos with the world.
Don't wait! The best rooms and deals are going fast. Book your Shimla escape today! Click here to book now and get a special discount!
(Limited time offer: Use code STAYHAPPY for an extra 15% off your stay!)
[Link to Booking website]
P.S. Seriously, book the spa appointment. You'll thank me later.
Cagayan de Oro's HOTTEST Studio Loft: Furnished & Fiber Fast!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your average, sterile travel itinerary. This is the raw, unfiltered experience of a trip to Treebo The Northern Retreat Resort in Shimla, India. And trust me, it's going to be a glorious mess.
Pre-Trip Ramblings & Existential Dread (aka, The Planning Phase)
Okay, so Shimla. Land of the gods, snow-capped peaks, and… well, a lot of uphill walking. This was going to be a trip. A real adventure. Or, you know, a glorified vacation where I mostly wear pajamas and judge other people's hiking attire. (Don't judge me. We all have our coping mechanisms.)
The Resort Choice: Treebo The Northern Retreat. The pictures looked stunning! Mountain views, clean rooms, all the good stuff. Booking online was a breeze. I even sprung for the slightly more expensive room with the “balcony and mountain vista.” (God, I love saying "vista.") Fingers crossed the reality lived up to the hype. I'm already envisioning Instagram gold.
The Packing Fiasco: This is where things started to unravel. My suitcase is a portal to another dimension where socks mysteriously disappear and the concept of “travel light” is a hilarious joke. I packed like I was prepping for a survival expedition. Half my wardrobe was dedicated to “just in case” scenarios. Did I really need three different types of waterproof jackets? Probably not. But the anxiety brain said yes.
The Flight Anxiety: I'm terrified of flying. Like, full-blown, clutching-the-armrest-until-my-knuckles-turn-white terrified. So, you know, adding a long flight to a trip to the mountains was a stroke of genius. Wish me luck. I'll be the one subtly crying in the corner.
Day 1: Arrival & Altitude Adjustment (aka, Where's My Luggage?)
- Morning: The flight. Surprisingly, I didn't throw up. Small victories, people. The landing was… well, it was a landing. I think. Now, the real fun begins. The trek from the airport to the resort was interesting, a bit longer than it should be. I was sure to get a lot of advice from the taxi driver about Shimla and the sites.
- Afternoon: Arrived at Treebo! Breath taken away with the fantastic view of the mountains. The room was amazing. The balcony. Oh, the balcony. Worth every single rupee. And the view? Seriously stunning. Like, gasp-out-loud stunning. I took about 50 pictures. I will now take 40 more.
- Evening: Dinner at the resort restaurant. The food was decent. The view, however, was the star. I found myself lost in thought as I was eating, just staring at the Himalayas with a plate of chicken in my hands. I made the rookie mistake of overeating. (Always overeat on the first night of a vacation. It's a time-honored tradition.) After dinner, I headed off to bed, with a view on the balcony.
Day 2: Exploring the Mall Road & Stumbling Upon Serendipity (aka, The Day I Became One with the Locals)
- Morning: The Mall Road! The heart and soul of Shimla! First, the initial panic of navigating a busy road. Then, the moment of awe. The bustling shops, the vendors hawking their wares, the smell of momos wafting through the air. Pure magic! I quickly realized I was severely underdressed. I may have looked like a lost tourist. The crowd was also fascinating, an interesting mix of people.
- Afternoon: In a rare moment of travel brilliance, I decided to wander off the Mall Road. Best. Decision. Ever. I stumbled upon a tiny, hidden cafe. The aroma of chai and spices pulled me in. The owner, a woman with eyes that had seen too much life, made the most incredible chai I’ve ever tasted. We sat and chatted for hours. She told me about Shimla, about life, about the things that truly matter. It was incredibly comforting. She even told me about a secret little hiking trail.
- Evening: Back to the resort. The mountain view, of course. I spent the rest of the day in the balcony, relishing the peace and tranquility.
Day 3: The Trail Hike & Unexpected Tears (aka, My Mountain Meltdown)
- Morning: Okay, adventure time! Fueled by the amazing chai, I decided to take on that "secret hiking trail." This was supposed to be a leisurely stroll. It was a mini-death march. The altitude, the constant uphill, the sheer lack of actual fitness on my part… it was brutal. I was gasping for air, legs burning, questioning every life choice that led me there. The trail offered an amazing view of the valley.
- Afternoon: And then… I cried. Not a dignified, single tear rolling down the cheek. No, it was a full-blown, snot-dripping, ugly cry. The beauty of the mountains, the utter exhaustion, the unexpected rush of emotion… It all just hit me. Then it cleared, and the view was well worth it.
- Evening: Back at the resort, I took a long, hot shower. I ordered a pizza. I watched a terrible movie. I felt okay.
- Rambling: I am the anti-thrill seeker, and this trip has caused me to confront some limitations.
Day 4: Relaxation & Departure (aka, The Sweet Sorrow)
- Morning: Sleep in. I took advantage of the resort's breakfast buffet. Mountain views and a stomachful of food. Pure bliss.
- Afternoon: Last-minute souvenir shopping. More mountain gazing. Packing (again. Honestly, I feel like I'm always packing).
- Evening: The taxi ride back to the airport. Saying goodbye to the mountains (and the secret chai shop). The melancholy of returning home, mixed with the excitement of reliving all the memories. Oh god, the airport.
- The Verdict: Shimla was amazing. Messy. Imperfect. Wonderful. I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

Okay, spill: Is the view *really* that epic at Treebo Northern Retreat in Shimla? Like, can I just *gaze* for days?
Alright, look, I'm a skeptic. I've seen "amazing views" plastered on brochures before, and let me tell you, sometimes an "amazing view" is just a slightly less awful view than the back of the parking lot. But this? This is different. Okay, *hold on*... I need to remember... It's... like... imagine waking up and BAM! The Himalayas are just *there*. Like, practically in your window. I swear, I felt like I could reach out and touch the peaks. Seriously. It's not just a pretty picture; it’s a gut punch of breathtaking beauty. One time, I was trying to have my morning coffee on the balcony and I just… I just *froze*. Coffee getting cold, forgot to put on pants… I just stared. My wife was NOT amused, but even *she* had to admit it was spectacular. So, yeah. Gaze for days? You'll *want* to. And, yeah, it is that epic. Deal.
What’s up with the rooms? Are they clean and comfy? Because let’s be real, a bad room can ruin EVERYTHING.
Alright, let's get down to brass tacks. The ROOMS. This is the make-or-break point, right? I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit of a germaphobe (my wife calls it "being smart"). I'm always checking for… you know… *things*. The rooms at Northern Retreat? Pretty darn good. Clean? Yep. Comfy? Mostly. The bed was… well, it wasn't the *most* luxurious bed I've ever slept on. But it wasn’t bad either. Think "solid, reliable friend." You wouldn't write a sonnet about the mattress, but you'd sleep soundly. The bathroom was clean (phew!) and, crucially, the hot water actually worked. And that, my friends, is a win when you're up in the mountains! One minor quibble: the lighting could be a *little* brighter. But honestly, after staring at that view all day, who cares about the lighting? I was too busy trying to remember where I put my camera (and finding my pants that morning).
The food! Tell me about the food, PLEASE! I NEED details. And are there vegetarian options? (my wife's a vegetarian...)
Oh, the food. Okay, this is where things get… interesting. The food at Treebo Northern Retreat… it’s… It's a mixed bag, honestly. The breakfast buffet was pretty solid. Eggs made to order, some decent Indian options, the usual suspects. My wife (bless her vegetarian heart) found plenty to enjoy. Toast, cereal, fruit. The coffee, however... Let's just say it wasn't Italian. I'd bring your own instant coffee, if you're a coffee snob. (I am.) For lunch and dinner, you *can* order from the a la carte menu. The quality varied. Some dishes were fantastic! Others were… less so. One night, I ordered a pasta dish that tasted suspiciously like they'd forgotten to add the sauce. Not a good look. The vegetarian options were plentiful, which was a HUGE win for my wife. She raved about the dal and the vegetable curries. So, overall? Food is… serviceable. Definitely not a gourmet experience, but you won't starve. And the fact that my wife was happy with the vegetarian choices made it a definite plus. Bring snacks though... because, you know, you never know when that pasta will hit you hard.
What's the service like? Are the staff friendly and helpful? I hate dealing with grumpy people on vacation!
Okay, the staff at Northern Retreat... They were generally pretty good. Friendly? Yes, mostly. Helpful? Absolutely. I had a minor issue with the room's air conditioning (or lack thereof, it was a bit chilly actually!), and they were on it like white on rice. Fixed it right away. One of the staff members, I think his name was Ramesh, was especially helpful. He gave us some great tips on local hikes. He even helped me figure out how to get the Wi-Fi working (which, admittedly, took me way longer than it should have). There were a couple of times when the communication wasn't *perfect* – a little bit of a language barrier, maybe? But they were always trying their best, and their smiles were genuine. So, yeah, the service? Pretty good. No complaints. They definitely seemed to genuinely want you to have a good time, which is a refreshing change. Besides, a little bit of a struggle with the language barrier is part of the adventure, right? (Or, at least, that's what I tell myself when I can't understand the waiter.)
Anything REALLY bad? Any big deal-breakers? Be honest, please!
Alright, the unvarnished truth, you say? Okay, let's do this. The BIGGEST potential deal-breaker? The occasional lack of consistent hot water. Sigh. It happened a couple of times. Not ideal when you're dreaming of a hot shower after a day of hiking. This really depends on time and day, I am told; you have to be patient, and sometimes you just have to take the plunge (pun absolutely intended). Besides that, the Wi-Fi was a bit… spotty. I mean, I understand, you're in the mountains, not a super-fast internet hub, but it made it hard to catch up on emails or post that INCREDIBLE picture I took during sunrise. And, as I mentioned before, the food wasn’t always a home run. I mean, it was fine, but sometimes I craved better. Honestly? That’s all I can think of. Everything else was pretty mild. Forgetting to turn on the hot water at the right time, or slow Wi-Fi… is hardly a tragedy but it can be annoying. But the view… that view… that's what you're paying for. And if you, like me, are mostly there for the view, then you'll most likely be fine.
Let's talk about location. Is it easy to get around? Are there things to do nearby?
The location... it's a bit of a double-edged sword, really. The hotel is *slightly* outside of the main Shimla hustle and bustle. Which is good, in the sense that it's quiet and peaceful and you don't have to deal with the constant chaos of the city center. The downside? You're not exactly in the thick of the action. You'll need a car or a taxi to get to the shops, restaurants, and other attractions. But honestly, that’s not such a big deal, especially if you're there mainly for the scenery. The hotel can arrange taxis, and the staff can give you recommendations for day trips. There are some hiking trails nearby, which is a major plus. WeHotels Blog Guide

