Winnipeg's BEST Western Plus? This Hotel Will SHOCK You!

Best Western Plus Winnipeg West Winnipeg (MB) Canada

Best Western Plus Winnipeg West Winnipeg (MB) Canada

Winnipeg's BEST Western Plus? This Hotel Will SHOCK You!

Winnipeg's BEST Western Plus? Hold on to Your Hats, Folks! (aka: A REALLY Honest Review that Might Surprise You)

Okay, okay, let's be real. "Winnipeg's BEST Western Plus? This Hotel Will SHOCK You!" is a bold statement. And frankly, I went in with a healthy dose of skepticism. (Because, let's be honest, sometimes those hotel superlatives… well, they're a bit much.) But, after spending a few nights at, I can honestly say… well, it's definitely not what I expected. And in a good way!

First Impression: The Accessibility Angle (Because Everyone Deserves a Smooth Stay)

Right off the bat, I have to give major props for the accessibility. This is huge for some folks, and it’s a deal-breaker if it’s not done right. I'm talking Wheelchair accessible: check. Elevator: check. (Thank goodness for elevators.) They've also got Facilities for disabled guests in place, which is a real comfort. Finding a hotel that truly gets accessibility isn't always easy, but this Best Western Plus seems to have thought of the details. This goes hand-in-hand with the Accessibility features mentioned, so from the get-go, this hotel is proving it wants everyone to feel welcomed.

The Tech Stuff: Wi-Fi and Beyond (Because Let's Face It, We're All Glued to Our Screens)

Okay, crucial question: Internet. And the all-important Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yes, folks, it works. No agonizing buffering, no endless password requests. Just smooth, reliable internet. It’s a small thing, but when you're traveling for business (or just desperately trying to stream a show), it makes a world of difference. They've got Internet [LAN] too, if you're old-school like that. And the Wi-Fi in public areas is on par. I mean, you can't beat Internet services that work!

Cleanliness and Safety: Did They Really Say "Anti-Viral?" (And Do They Mean It?)

Alright, the elephant in the room: pandemic times. I was very interested in how this hotel handled the whole COVID situation. I saw signs everywhere declaring their commitment to cleanliness, but I’m a cynic. So I looked for the details. They boast Anti-viral cleaning products, Rooms sanitized between stays, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Professional-grade sanitizing services. They've got the Hand sanitizer stations up and running like a boss. They even offer a Room sanitization opt-out available– which is a nice touch for those who want even more control. I have to say, I felt relatively safe. They also offer Individually-wrapped food options which is a smart way to get stuff that’s already been sterilized into your hand.

The Room: More Than Just a Bed (And, Honestly, One Minor Quibble (More on That Later))

Now, for the good stuff: my room. It had the basics, sure: Air conditioning (a must in Winnipeg summers!), a comfy bed (that Extra long bed was a treat!), a Desk for working, and a Coffee/tea maker (morning caffeine fix? Yes, please!). The Refrigerator, Mini bar, In-room safe box, and Ironing facilities were all welcome. Even the Complimentary tea was alright.

The Bathroom was clean, with a Separate shower/bathtub and enough Toiletries to feel pampered. Bathrobes and Slippers? A classy touch! The Non-smoking room was exactly that (thank goodness!). Blackout curtains? Essential for sleeping in.

My only small gripe? The Mirror could have been bigger. Yes. I'm complaining about a mirror. Hey, a girl needs her time in front of the glass, right? Just a tiny thing.

Oh, and they had Wake-up service! How nice!

On the subject of rooms, they have Interconnecting room(s) available! And Soundproof rooms! That's just great.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Adventure (or Just a Lazy Day)

Okay, so Winnipeg isn't exactly known for its Michelin-starred restaurants. But the hotel offered options. They had Restaurants, a Coffee shop, and a Snack bar. Room service [24-hour]? Score! (Especially when you have that late-night craving, and you don't want to leave your room). They even offer a Breakfast [buffet] (which, depending on your preferences, can be a love-hate situation.

They had Asian breakfast and Vegetarian restaurant options. That's a win for anyone. Speaking of options for people with dietary restrictions, Alternative meal arrangement is offered here. They also offer Coffee/tea in restaurant!

And, crucially: The Bar! It had Happy hour. Enough said.

Ways to Relax and Unwind: Beyond the Bed (Because Travel is Supposed to be Fun!)

Now, this is where the hotel really surprised me. I was NOT expecting this! They had a Swimming pool [outdoor] and a Sauna! Not to mention a Gym/fitness room. There was a Spa/sauna combo, and a Steamroom.

The Pool with View: This was a real highlight. Not only was it outdoors, it felt… resort-y. I even considered the Body scrub and Body wrap options! (Alas, my budget didn't quite stretch that far.) So if you are looking for Ways to relax, this is the place to be.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Big Difference

They had the essential Air conditioning in public area. They offered Airport transfer, which removed a lot of the stress of getting to and from the hotel.

For the Kids: A Family Affair (or, at Least, Kid-Friendly)

I didn't travel with kids this time, but I noticed they have Family/child friendly options, and some Kids facilities.

Getting Around: Easy Peasy

They have Car park [free of charge], AND Car park [on-site]! They also offer Taxi service, which is very helpful.

The Real Shock: What Surprised Me Most

Okay, here’s the thing. I went into this expecting a bland, cookie-cutter hotel experience. And, sure, it has some of the generic hotel-ness. But it also surprised me with its attention to detail, its focus on cleanliness and safety, and the sheer number of amenities. The pool was a huge plus.

My Verdict: Would I Go Back?

Absolutely. This Best Western Plus earned my respect. It’s not perfect. No hotel is. But it's clean, safe, comfortable, and offers a surprisingly wide range of amenities. It's a solid choice for anyone visiting Winnipeg (especially if, like me, you appreciate a good pool and reliable Wi-Fi!).

Now, for the Offer That Will Shock You (and Get You Booked!)

Winnipeg's BEST Western Plus: Beyond Your Expectations!

Are you ready to experience a hotel that actually delivers on its promises? Need a comfortable stay in Winnipeg? Book your stay at Winnipeg's BEST Western Plus today and receive:

  • Complimentary upgrade to a Pool View room: Enjoy stunning views and guaranteed relaxation! (Limited availability, so book now!)
  • $20 Dining Credit: Indulge in delicious food and drinks at our on-site restaurant or bar!
  • Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected and keep up with the best Winnipeg has to offer!
  • Priority access to our sparkling outdoor pool: Beat the heat and unwind in style!
  • Flexible Cancellation Policy: Book with confidence, knowing you can adjust your plans if needed.

But wait, there's more! Be one of the first 20 bookers and also get:

  • Complimentary Breakfast for two
  • 10% Discount on Spa Services (Because you deserve it!)

Click here to book now and experience the shock of Winnipeg's BEST Western Plus! (Don't delay, this offer won't last!)

SEO Keywords and Phrases:

  • Best Western Plus Winnipeg
  • Winnipeg Hotel with Pool
  • Winnipeg Hotels with Free Wi-Fi
  • Wheelchair Accessible Winnipeg Hotel
  • Accessible Hotel Winnipeg
  • Winnipeg Hotel Dining
  • Winnipeg Hotel Spa
  • Hotel with Gym Winnipeg
  • Safety and Cleanliness Winnipeg Hotel
  • Best Hotels Winnipeg
  • Winnipeg Hotel Deals and Offers
  • Winnipeg Airport Hotel
  • Family-Friendly Hotel Winnipeg
Bangkok Luxury: Grande Centre Point Ploenchit - Unforgettable Stay!

Book Now

Best Western Plus Winnipeg West Winnipeg (MB) Canada

Best Western Plus Winnipeg West Winnipeg (MB) Canada

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is… my attempt at a Winnipeg adventure, starting, naturally, at that comforting beacon of the ordinary: the Best Western Plus Winnipeg West. (MB) Canada. Let's see if I can survive this… mostly intact.

Day 1: Arrival, Awkward Hotel Vibes, and the Pursuit of Poutine

  • 1:00 PM - Arrival and Hotel Check-In:
    • Okay, so the flight wasn't terrible. Slight turbulence, screaming baby, predictable airport delays. The usual. But hey, I'm in Winnipeg! The receptionist at the Best Western… well, she was trying. Bless. The key card reader's already giving me a hard time. Classic.
    • Anecdote: The airport shuttle driver, a gruff but secretly sweet guy with a magnificent handlebar mustache, gave me some unsolicited (but ultimately helpful) advice on where to find "the real poutine." Apparently, I was aiming for the tourist traps. Rookie mistake.
    • Emotional Reaction: Mild relief at finally being off that plane, a tiny flicker of hope that this hotel isn't haunted. (I have a thing about ghosts.)
  • 1:30 PM - Settle In and Room Reconnaissance:
    • Alright, room. Smells faintly of chlorine and ambition. Standard Best Western fare. Beds seem… bed-shaped. I'll reserve full judgment until I've actually slept in one. The view? The parking lot. Riveting.
    • Quirky Observation: The tiny shampoo bottles. Always so optimistic. Like they really think I'm going to get a full head of hair washed with that pathetic amount. Also, the TV guide is a labyrinth of choices. So many channels, yet I'll probably end up watching the same three shows I watch at home.
  • 2:30 PM - The Great Poutine Hunt (Part 1):
    • Following the handlebar-mustached man's advice. I'm off! My stomach's rumbling like a Winnipeg winter. The place he suggested? "Stella's." Apparently, a Winnipeg institution. Wish me luck.
  • 3:30 PM - Stella's: Poutine Proclamation (and Mild Panic): *It's been a rollercoaster, I felt so out of my element. Stella's was packed! Like, shoulder-to-shoulder, people-waiting-for-tables packed. I managed to snag a spot at the counter, squeezed like a sardine. The poutine… oh, the poutine.
    • Anecdote: There's this older lady next to me, probably a Winnipeg native. She was incredibly opinionated. She ranted about the weather AND the 'unseasoned fries' for a while. I’m now a fan of the poutine. I need to try the gravy with a bit more boldness. This gravy is magic.
    • Emotional Reaction: From mild panic to pure, unadulterated joy at the first bite. Gravy. Cheese curds. Fries. It's a symphony of deliciousness.
  • 5:00 PM - Hotel Re-Entry & Existential Dread: *Back at the hotel, feeling stuffed and faintly guilty about consuming an entire plate of cheese, gravy, and fries. Time for an existential crisis induced by cable television. And maybe a pre-emptive shower.
  • 7:00 PM - Dinner and a Quest:
    • Okay, there's a place nearby called "The Keg". Maybe a steak? I can't just eat Poutine all day… can I? (Yes, probably.)
  • 8:00 PM - Bedtime:
    • I really need to remember to use the shower.

Day 2: Culture, Cold and the Poutine Debacle

  • 9:00 AM - Breakfast and the Buffet of Shame
    • Free Breakfast is usually synonymous with regret. The waffles are strangely compelling. The coffee is what I always expect. I'm questioning my life choices.
  • 10:00 AM - The Canadian Museum for Human Rights: *This should be good, they say.
  • 12:00 PM - Lunch, again?
    • Ugh, okay. This is where things got… messy. The museum was intense. Really intense. But the emotional whirlwind from the museum left me utterly wiped, emotionally.
    • Messy Structure: Walking from the Human Rights Museum to the restaurant I wanted to try. There's a small detour because I needed to stop to buy some more snacks. (You know, to cope.) I see some more "poutine" signs.
  • 1:30 PM - Poutine, Round Two (and the Gravy Trauma):
    • I can't resist. This poutine place, advertised as "authentic," turned out a disaster. The cheese curds were sad little rubbery things, the gravy tasted like dish soap, and the fries were… well, they were fries.
    • Stronger Emotional Reaction: Disappointment. Pure, unadulterated disappointment. This was not the poutine experience I craved. It was a betrayal of potatoes and cheese. I'm starting to suspect the handlebar-mustached man was playing a prank on me.
  • 2:30 PM - Recovery Mode and Coffee: *I walked back towards the hotel, nursing my wounded pride and pondering the mysteries of life.
  • 4:00 PM - Rest, Attempted Exercise, and Netflix:
    • I'm starting to feel the effects of all the poutine.
    • Rambles: I tried to hit the hotel gym, felt defeated after five minutes, and retreated back to the comfort of my room. There's something about hotel gyms that just feels… wrong. Like they're designed to make you feel bad about yourself. I watched some Netflix.
  • 6:00 PM - Another Dinner and a movie?
    • There's nothing terribly inspiring. I'd rather order a pizza from that place across the street.
  • 8:00 PM - Bed:
    • Tomorrow: The Forks! (Wish me luck)

Day 3: The Forks, Fond Memories, and the Departure of Despair

  • 9:00 AM - The Buffet (again) and Final Preparations
    • It's the last day, and everything feels strangely bittersweet. One last waffle! Then, pack and check out.
  • 10:00 AM - The Forks Market Adventure:
    • This is it. The famous Forks. Supposed to be a bustling hub of food, culture, and general Winnipeg-ness.
    • Anecdote: I wandered around the market. The Forks is a must. I found some incredible local artisan crafts and a small shop. There's a bit of a food hall at the forks. Amazing.
    • Quirky Observation: The sheer variety of food options at The Forks is almost overwhelming, but a positive one.
  • 1:00 PM - The Journey back:
    • The hotel called to confirm my taxi was coming. I went down, everything seemed a little brighter than it did two days ago.
    • Emotional Reaction: A weird mix of exhaustion and satisfaction. Winnipeg wasn't what I expected, and that’s what I liked. The poutine hunt, the encounters, the minor disappointments… it all adds up. This was a trip that I'll remember for some time.
  • 2:00 PM - Final Thoughts and Airport Departures:
    • Back to the airport. Goodbye, Winnipeg. You are a city of surprises.

This itinerary is a rough draft, a work in progress. It's messy, imperfect, and slightly over-the-top. It's also me.

Escape to Paradise: Mercure Saga Karatsu Resort Awaits!

Book Now

Best Western Plus Winnipeg West Winnipeg (MB) Canada

Best Western Plus Winnipeg West Winnipeg (MB) CanadaOkay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the glorious, chaotic, and sometimes slightly underwhelming (but ultimately... okay, maybe?) depths of the BEST Western Plus in Winnipeg. Forget everything you think you know about a "structured" FAQ. This is going to be a rambling, slightly unhinged, and hopefully, hilarious exploration.

So, is this BEST Western Plus actually... "BEST"? Like, the capital letters are promising A LOT...

Honestly? It's a Best Western Plus. Let's just get that out of the way. "BEST" is probably a bit of a stretch. Like, did they lose a bet and have to name it that? I expect flying unicorns and free gold bars when a hotel uses that much emphasis. Alas, no flying unicorns *that* morning. The room? Clean. The bed? Comfortable enough that my back didn't scream at me. But "BEST"? Nah. But I'll admit, the indoor pool *did* get me thinking... ...and what that pool smelled like...

What about the pool? Everyone loves a pool... right? Tell me the truth.

Okay, the pool. Let's dedicate a *whole* section to the pool because... well, it was an experience. Going in, I thought, "Great, a pool! I can actually swim laps!" Reality? Well, it was like stepping into a damp, slightly over-chlorinated cave. The air was thick with the scent of… well, pool. And the vaguely unsettling aroma of, maybe, "used towels that have been sitting for a while." Not *bad* exactly, just... potent. There were kids. LOTS of kids. Screaming kids. Splashing kids. Kids launching themselves into the pool like tiny, chlorine-fueled missiles. I swear I saw a rubber ducky in the corner. A *single* rubber ducky, judging me. I tried to do laps, honestly I did. Ended up dodging a rogue inflatable unicorn and giving up after two lengths because I was afraid I'd accidentally inhale a mouthful of something I didn't want to know about. But hey, the water was, technically, wet. And the hot tub? Bubbled. Successfully.

Breakfast! Crucial. How's the free breakfast situation?

Ah, the breakfast. The cornerstone of any hotel experience. Here's the thing: free breakfast is a gamble. You might get a culinary masterpiece (unlikely) or a lukewarm buffet wasteland (much more likely). This breakfast? Leaned towards the latter, I won't lie. They had the usual suspects: cereals that seemed to have been sitting out since the dinosaurs roamed the earth, a sad little waffle maker (which took approximately 17 minutes per waffle, much to the frustration of the hungry horde), and some pre-packaged pastries that looked… well, let's just say they didn't inspire confidence. The eggs? Questionable. Definitely not fresh. But, hey, free coffee! And sometimes, that's all you need. I mean, it's not a *good* coffee, but it's *there*. Free is free. And it prevented the hangry monsters from taking over me for a few hours.

Anything *actually* good about the hotel? Seriously. Dig deep.

Okay, okay, I'm not *entirely* negative. Here's what was alright: the staff were generally friendly. (I mean, they *had* to be, right?) There was a gym. I didn't use it, but it *existed*. The location was fine; close to… things. Depending on what "things" you like! And the Wi-Fi worked. Crucial. Seriously, that Wi-Fi saved me. I'm pretty sure I could have survived the apocalypse with that hotel's wi-fi. Okay, hyperbole. But it was good. Also, I got a really good view of the parking lot from my window. The way the sun hit the cars was just... something. Especially during that one cloudy day!

Let's talk about the elevators. How did the elevators fare?

The elevators. Ah, the elevators. Where human interaction becomes a study in awkward silence. Look, there were *two* elevators, which, in theory, should be enough. In reality? They were slow. Mind-numbingly slow. You’d be standing there, hitting the button, waiting, *willing* the doors to open and release you from elevator purgatory. I spent a solid 10 minutes one morning waiting for one. I considered climbing the stairs. Then I thought... maybe not. My legs, unfortunately, didn't have that kind of stamina. Then, finally, the doors would creak open and you'd be confronted with… well, other people. People who were also silently judging the elevator's glacial pace. We all made eye contact and then looked away, silently hoping this ride ends soon. The elevator experience was as memorable as the pool and the coffee.

Would you stay there again? Be honest!

Okay, the big question. Would I stay at the BEST Western Plus in Winnipeg again? Honestly... maybe. If the price was right. And if I REALLY, REALLY needed a hotel room. And if I had a serious craving for luke-warm pool water and slightly stale waffles. It’s not the *worst* hotel I've ever stayed in. It’s just... an experience. A slightly quirky, imperfect, and occasionally underwhelming experience. But in a weird way? Memorable. I'll always remember the pool smell. The slow elevators. The questionable eggs. The parking lot vista. Is that enough for a 'yes'? Maybe. Ask me again when I've had a decent night's sleep. And another coffee. And maybe, just maybe, I'll have a different answer. But until then, I'll give it a 6.5/10 (extra points for Wi-fi).
Comfy Hotel Finder

Best Western Plus Winnipeg West Winnipeg (MB) Canada

Best Western Plus Winnipeg West Winnipeg (MB) Canada

Best Western Plus Winnipeg West Winnipeg (MB) Canada

Best Western Plus Winnipeg West Winnipeg (MB) Canada