
**EasyHotel Nice Old Town: Your Dream French Riviera Getaway Awaits!**
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're wading into the slightly-less-glamorous-but-still-totally-worth-it depths of EasyHotel Nice Old Town. The blurb says "Dream French Riviera Getaway Awaits!" and, well, let's see if it's really a dream. My expectations aren't stratospheric, but hey, a girl can hope for clean sheets and maybe, just maybe, a decent coffee.
First Impressions: The Accessibility Angle (Because, You Know, Important.)
Right, so "Accessibility." They say facilities for disabled guests. Now, I'm relatively able-bodied, which means I'm not the person to fully assess this. But from what I can see – the elevator's a lifesaver, obviously, and the whole place feels manageable. Definitely worth checking specifics directly with the hotel if you have mobility concerns. I'll give them a hesitant thumbs-up, but be sure to do your homework yourself.
The Room: My Tiny French Fortress (And the Wi-Fi’s a Miracle)
Inside my room, things are, well, efficient. The room is small, I mean, really small. But let's be honest, who wants to spend all day inside a hotel room in Nice? You're there to soak up the sun, eat ALL the pastries, and pretend you're Audrey Hepburn. So, the size? Acceptable. The air conditioning? Crucial. The free Wi-Fi? Glorious. Seriously, I was prepared to pay a small fortune for internet access, so this was a HUGE win. I'll say the Wi-Fi is the best thing ever, the free Wi-Fi is the best thing ever! I need to tell you, I was able to play my favorite online games!
Now, the room is clean. That's important. No creepy crawlies, no lingering smells of previous guests. Big plus. The bed…well, it's a bed. Comfortable enough for sleeping, which is really all I ask. The blackout curtains? GAME CHANGER. You need those in Nice. Trust me. Especially if you're going to be battling your jet lag, they're a lifesaver, or if you just need to sleep in a little.
The bathroom? Compact. But functional. The shower was good. The water got hot fast. And that's all I need. A proper hot shower after a long day of walking around Nice. It was heavenly.
Eating & Drinking: A Mixed Bag, Let's Be Real.
Okay, the "Dining, drinking, and snacking" situation… It's not exactly a culinary paradise within the hotel itself. There's no restaurant, per se. But there's a breakfast service; I'm not sure about it though. I do know there is a coffee shop and a snack bar. Also, there is a pool bar!! But the best part, it's the easy access to the incredible food scene in Nice!
Forget the hotel restaurant. Go out! Explore! The Old Town is your oyster (figuratively speaking, unless you really like oysters – then, literally). Look past the hotel's limitations, and get out there! Get yourself a proper croissant!
The "Things to Do" That Aren't, Really, Inside the Hotel (But Still Important!) and Relaxation?
Okay, so here's the honest truth: EasyHotel Nice Old Town isn't exactly a spa resort. No pool with a view, no sauna, no spa treatments. The “Things to do” part is… well, the city of Nice. Which is the whole point, right?
There's no gym. No steamroom. Nothing to chill you out physically. (Sigh)
But, here’s where it gets funny. One of the best things about this hotel is that it forces you to go do stuff. You're not tempted to laze around the hotel. You're out there, exploring the Cours Saleya market, wandering the Promenade des Anglais, soaking in that gorgeous Mediterranean sun. That's your "spa." And that’s a really good thing.
Cleanliness and Safety: The All-Important Stuff
The hotel seems to be taking safety seriously. Hand sanitizer everywhere, staff wearing masks, the usual suspects post-pandemic. They say they're using antiviral cleaning products and doing daily disinfection in common areas. Everything seemed clean. Again, I'm not a germaphobe, but I felt comfortable.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter (Mostly)
I appreciated the little things:
- The elevator. (Seriously, it's a lifesaver.)
- 24-hour front desk.
- Luggage storage.
The basics are covered. No frills, just functionality.
Getting Around: This is where things get good
- Location, location, location! I mean, the Old Town means easy access to everything. Everything is so close.
- Taxi service available.
- Airport transfer.
The Downsides (Because Nothing's Perfect)
- The rooms are small, really small.
- No real on-site dining beyond basic breakfast.
- Not exactly a "luxury" experience.
My "Dream Getaway" Verdict (And Why You Should Consider Staying Here)
Okay, so is this "Your Dream French Riviera Getaway"? Let’s be…realistic. No. But… for the price, the location? The value is undeniable.
EasyHotel Nice Old Town isn't about fluff and frills. It's about smart travel. It's about LOCATION. It's about being in the heart of the action and saving your money for the good stuff: the food, the wine, the gelato, the souvenirs – the actual Nice experience.
Here's the deal: This is a perfect basecamp if you want to experience Nice without breaking the bank. It's clean, safe, centrally located, and has the essential amenities.
Here's my pitch to you:
Tired of resorts and high prices? Then book EasyHotel Nice Old Town! It's right in the heart of the action, close to everything! And you can use the money you save on this hotel to do something really, really amazing in Nice!
Sunway Grid Residence: 2BR Johor Bahru Netflix & Chill Paradise! (10-06 Available)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly-polished travelogue. This is NICE, baby, and it’s gonna get… well, it’s gonna get real. We’re talking from-the-gut, warts-and-all Nice. And we're starting at the easyHotel Nice Old Town. (Spoiler alert: it's… easy. Mostly.)
Day 1: Arrival - Chaos and Croissants (and a Mild Panic Attack)
- 10:00 AM (ish - because let's be honest, who actually sticks to a schedule?): Touchdown in Nice! The sun is glorious, the air smells faintly of the Mediterranean and the distinct aroma of jet fuel. I'm already dreaming of the beach. Except… where's my baggage? It’s a classic… lost luggage. Cue the immediate internal freak-out. "This is it. This is how I become that crazy person in the airport who claws through bins looking for a misplaced toothbrush." I’m sweating. I'm internally yelling at the baggage handler who probably already has a family and I don't want to ruin his day. Deep breaths.
- 11:30 AM: Retrieve my bag (miracle!). Taxi (expensive!) to the easyHotel in the Old Town. Okay, let’s be honest, "easy" doesn't exactly scream “luxury.” It's compact, minimalist, and the room is, shall we say, intimate. It does offer the bare necessities, which is enough.
- 12:30 PM: Hunger pangs. The luggage debacle has taken its toll. Stumble out into the Old Town. Oh my god. This place. The narrow streets are alive, a glorious, chaotic tangle of colorful buildings. Found a tiny boulangerie. Devoured a croissant that was practically a religious experience. Seriously. Flaky, buttery heaven. I almost cried. Actually, I think I did. Maybe it was the stress.
- 2:00 PM: Wandering. Lost. Blissfully. Found a tiny square, sat on a bench, just people-watching. Witnessed a screaming match between two pigeons fighting over a discarded baguette crumb. Entertained.
- 4:00 PM: Promenade des Anglais time! The beach! The sea! The… hordes of tourists. Okay, it’s busy, but the water is that stunning turquoise, and the pebbles are… well, they’re pebbles. Not the sandy, soft kind, mind you. More like tiny, ankle-destroying missiles. Found a spot. Stared at the horizon. Felt the tension melt away. This is why I came.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. Found a charming little bistro tucked away on a side street. Ordered a salad Nicoise (duh). The anchovies were, ahem, robust. Let's say I had a lot of water.
- 9:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Attempting to navigate the TV remote. Failure. Giving up and going to sleep. Today was a lot.
Day 2: Art, Altitude and the Allure of the Absurd
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast (another croissant? Don't judge me!). Ready to explore!
- 10:00 AM: Musée Matisse. I’m not a huge art person, I can't lie. But, oh my goodness, the colors. The vibrancy. He just… gets it. I could spend hours. Seriously, I could probably just live in a Matisse painting. I feel this profound connection that I didn't expect. This guy painted what he felt. I think I get it?
- 12:00 PM: Climb to Castle Hill for panoramic views. (Pro tip: take the elevator! My legs are still shaky from yesterday’s pebble beach assault) The view is incredible, overlooking the whole city. It's the kind of view that makes you want to shout "I'M ALIVE!" I almost did.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at a café on Castle Hill. Ordered a sandwich. Got distracted by the seagulls swooping around, trying to steal fries. Dramatic seagulls. It's an art form.
- 2:30 PM: Stroll through the Cours Saleya flower market. The riot of colors! The intoxicating perfume! I almost went bankrupt buying flowers I don't even know how to take care of. Resisted the urge. Barely.
- 4:00 PM: The Ice Cream Incident. Found gelato. Amazing gelato. Chocolate. Pistachio. Ate it while walking. Disaster struck. Gelato everywhere. My shirt. My hand. The street. I was mortified. I did what any self-respecting human would do in this situation: I ran.
- 6:00 PM: Back at the hotel, nursing my wounds (and my gelato guilt). Contemplating the meaning of life. And the sticky remnants of melted ice cream on my sneakers.
- 7:30 PM: Dinner at a restaurant in the Old Town. Ordered, accidentally, a dish of mysterious origin. It was…interesting. Let's just say it involved a lot of garlic and some unrecognizable vegetables. Not a fan, but I ate it. Didn't want to be rude.
- 9:00 PM: Bed. The garlic. The gelato. The Matisse. My brain is fried. Good night, Nice.
Day 3: Final Day – The Beach, and a Sudden, Irresistible Urge
- 9:00 AM: Goodbye breakfast. And yes, another croissant. Regret? Zero.
- 10:00 AM: The beach, one last time. This time, I'm prepared. Armed with a towel, sunglasses and a healthy dose of "don't-look-at-the-pebbles" bravado. Sunbathing. Reading. Feeling the absolute bliss of doing nothing.
- 12:00 PM: A strange yet, powerful urge to buy a tiny, ceramic Eiffel Tower.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at a beachside café. Gazing dreamily at the sea.
- 2:00 PM: I see a man. I know he has a ceramic Eiffel Tower, I simply must have it.
- 2:30 PM: Went with him, and bought it. I have a miniature Eiffel Tower in Nice. Judgment? Bring it on.
- 3:00 PM: Packing. My bag. My life. My soul.
- 4:00 PM: One last walk through the Old Town. Squeezed into a tiny alley. Found a tiny souvenir shop. Needed a tiny, ceramic Eiffel Tower…wait. I saw. Never mind. I now have two.
- 5:00 PM: Taxi (again, expensive!) to the airport. Goodbye, Nice! You glorious, chaotic, pebble-filled, gelato-slinging, art-filled city.
- Flight Time: On the plane, full of regrets, with my two Eiffel Towers. What has become of me?
- The End? - Je ne suis pas sûr.

EasyHotel Nice Old Town: Your Dream French Riviera Getaway Awaits! (Or Does It?) - A Messy FAQ
Okay, so... EasyHotel Nice Old Town. Is it REALLY as easy as it sounds? Like, actually?
Alright, buckle up, buttercup. "Easy" is a loaded word, isn't it? Think of it more like... "streamlined." Think "basic-but-functional" with a side of "hope you packed earplugs." Yes, it's *relatively* easy to book. No, it’s probably not going to be a walk in the park if you crave the Ritz experience. My first time? I swear, I spent like 10 minutes wrestling with the self-check-in kiosk. Turns out, I'd entered my confirmation number wrong. Embarrassing. But hey, at least the staff, when I *finally* found one, were nice and didn't laugh...to my face, at least.
The LOCATION! Everyone raves about the Old Town. How's this EasyHotel's spot?
Oh, the LOCATION. THAT'S the thing. My friends, it's GOLD. Seriously, you step out the door and you're basically *in* the action. Cobblestone streets, endless restaurants, the Cours Saleya flower market (heaven!), the beach... it's all within stumbling distance. And the BEST. My first time I was so overwhelmed and just like "I am here!" The only downside? Noise. Glorious, vibrant, never-sleeping *noise*. Remember those earplugs? You'll need them. I'm not kidding. Especially if you end up with a room facing the street. I did. Let's just say I got *very* familiar with the local revelers. Still, the convenience? Worth it, mostly.
What's the deal with the rooms? Are they... tiny? I've heard whispers...
Tiny? Honey, let's call them "efficiently designed." Think: enough space to swing a moderately sized cat. Or, you know, get changed without accidentally kicking the suitcase. They're basic. *Very* basic. A bed (usually comfortable-ish, though I've had better), a tiny bathroom (with possibly the *tiniest* shower EVER), and not much else. Storage? Forget about it. Live out of your suitcase. Honestly, I spent a fair amount of time wondering where the furniture had actually gone… My first time, I almost cried. And on second thought I did cry.. It was just a quick, but there was a lot of people to see. The upside? You're not spending all day in your room, are you? You're in NICE! Get out and explore! Just don't plan on hosting a cocktail party in there.
Okay, so no frills. But is it CLEAN? That's a deal-breaker for me.
For the most part, yes. It’s a budget hotel. The cleaning staff is busy! I've always found them to be perfectly acceptable. The bathrooms are generally clean. The sheets were, well, white. I think they were. I didn't find anything *too* alarming, but let's be real: it's not the kind of place where they're going to meticulously scrub every grout line. So, if you're a germaphobe, pack your own antibacterial wipes. Just in case. I usually bring some, just to be on the safe side. And yes, I'm a little bit of a germaphobe. A little bit.
Breakfast? Does this EasyHotel even *have* breakfast? And if so, is it sad?
Breakfast...Ah. That's one thing I can't fully get behind. They do have it, or rather the offer it, but it's...well, it's not the highlight of the day. It's more of a "grab-and-go" type situation. Think: pre-packaged croissants, instant coffee, maybe some juice. It's enough to get you going, but don't expect a Parisian brunch experience. Honestly, I always end up going out. I always go get breakfast at the market anyway, which is amazing, anyway. Much better than breakfast.
Are there any hidden fees or surprises I should be aware of?
Oh, yes, my friend. There's always *something*. Read the fine print. Seriously. They'll probably try to upsell you on things like Wi-Fi (which you'll probably need), early check-in, and extra towels. They're not *evil*, but they’re trying to make a profit, just like everyone else. Check the price of EVERYTHING, otherwise that easy hotel won't be so easy or cheap. Also, I remember one time... My first time I did not read everything. I had the most awful time. Because I didn't do it. And that was so annoying, I am not going to get into it too much because I still get so embarrassed. Just read everything.
Would you recommend this EasyHotel? Be honest!
Okay, here's the truth. If you're on a budget, and you want to be *in* the heart of Nice Old Town, then YES. Absolutely. The location alone is worth it. It's a trade-off. You sacrifice luxury for convenience and affordability. Just set your expectations accordingly. Pack those earplugs. And embrace the adventure! It might not be perfect, but it's Nice. And Nice is pretty darn amazing. And if it wasn't good, I wouldn't keep coming back. You have to be prepared to accept what it is. Then again, I have a very low bar, when I travel, especially in Europe because I am just so happy to be there, so I am likely the wrong person to ask, because *I* love it, but you might not, so think carefully... Okay, I need a glass of wine now, this FAQ is exhausting!

