
Lissiya Hotel Fethiye: Your Dream Turkish Escape Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your average, sanitized hotel review. This is going to be a messy, honest, and hopefully hilarious dive into the Lissiya Hotel Fethiye experience. Forget perfect; we're going for real. Here we go…
Lissiya Hotel Fethiye: My Turkish Dream…That Almost Didn’t Happen!
Right, first things first. Fethiye. Sigh. Before I even got to the Lissiya, I was already half-in-love with the idea of a Turkish escape. Turquoise waters, crumbling ruins, mountains… it was all screaming "Instagrammable paradise" in my ears. And Lissiya? Well, the idea of Lissiya, based on the brochure, was the perfect place to plonk myself for a week and soak it all in. Let me tell you, though… getting there was an adventure.
(Accessibility - The Really Real Deal)
Okay, let’s talk accessibility. Because let's be honest, I don't have a need for this, but it's important for some. Lissiya does have "facilities for disabled guests". They have an elevator, which is a godsend. This hotel is built on a hillside, so that's a huge plus. They also claim to have accessible rooms. However, I didn't check it out myself so, confirm with the hotel on exactly what they provide but they at least are making an effort with Wheelchair accessible rooms and a lot more. I would advise contacting the front of house and asking plenty of questions, because accessibility can mean many different things. It is possible to arrange for Airport transfer for the best and most comfortable experience.
(On-site accessible restaurants / lounges?) Again, a question you'll need to ask.
(Internet – Because We All Need Our Fix!)
Alright, internet. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! Actually, this is a huge selling point, especially if you're like me and need to keep in contact with the real world (aka, check your bank balance and stalk your ex on socials). They also have Wi-Fi in public areas, so you can wander around the pool with your phone glued to your hand. (Guilty). Plus, if you're old-school, there's Internet [LAN] in the rooms. I didn’t use it. Who even uses LAN anymore? But hey, it's there. And, let's be honest, I was too busy enjoying my gin and tonic on the terrace. Overall, they didn't suffer from unreliable internet like so many hotels do, and even if I did, there's always the Internet services!
(Things to Do, Ways to Relax – My Brain Exploded with Options!)
Good lord, where do I even start with this section? Pool with view: Check! Swimming pool [outdoor]: Double check! Swimming pool: Triple check! They've got the pool situation nailed. Swimming in a pool overlooking the turquoise water of the Mediterranean Sea? Yeah, that's what dreams are made of. There is a Fitness center. I didn't go. I was on holiday. Seriously. But hey, if you're into that sort of thing… There's also a Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, and Steamroom. I did attempt the sauna. I lasted about five minutes. I'm not built for high temperatures. More my speed was the massage. Oh, the massage! Pure bliss. I booked myself in and was lucky enough to get the most AMAZING masseuse - I wish I could remember her name! Let's call her… "Magic Hands Maria". She was incredible. I came out feeling like a new human (or at least, a slightly more relaxed human). They also have Body scrub and Body wrap. I didn’t get those. Too adventurous for me.
(Cleanliness and Safety – Because, You Know, Pandemic Times…)
Okay, let’s be real. Traveling these days can feel like you’re constantly dodging a biohazard. Lissiya, thankfully, seems to take safety seriously. They have Anti-viral cleaning products, and Daily disinfection in common areas. They also have Hand sanitizer stations everywhere. Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, all the usual suspects. Staff trained in safety protocol (thank goodness). They also had Cashless payment service available. Made everything so much easier. I felt pretty safe, which is a huge relief. They provide Hot water linen and laundry washing. The doctor/nurse on call is a good sign, too.
(Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – My Personal, Glorious Paradise!)
Okay, this is where things get really good. Food is a big deal for me. And Lissiya did not disappoint. First off, the Breakfast [buffet] was a masterpiece. They had everything. I mean everything. I'm talking: Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, the works. Mountains of delicious Turkish delights (hello, baklava!), fresh fruit, cheeses, eggs cooked every way you can imagine…it was a carb-lovers dream come true. Coffee/tea in restaurant, obviously. Breakfast service, perfect. Restaurants. Oh, the restaurants! The on-site Restaurants offered an A la carte in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, and they have a Vegetarian restaurant. I mostly stuck to the pool-side Poolside bar, (because, cocktails!), but every meal was a delight! Snack bar, Desserts in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant. They had it all covered. Bottle of water, a necessity. Room service [24-hour], always a bonus. I even had Breakfast in room once (because, why not?). Oh, and they had Happy hour. Need I say more?
(Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Make a Big Difference… Mostly)
Alright, so let's breeze through this. Air conditioning in public area, yep. Cash withdrawal, check. Concierge (very helpful when I managed to get hopelessly lost in the market.) Daily housekeeping (thank you, sweet angels!). Doorman, a nice touch. Dry cleaning, handy but I didn't use. Elevator, essential, as I noted earlier. Gift/souvenir shop. Ironing service, (again, didn't use, I'm on holiday!). Laundry service, ditto. Luggage storage (thank god, my suitcase was HUGE). They have the usual Meetings, Seminars, Xerox/fax in business center, all that kind of stuff but nothing really screamed out at me. I wasn’t on a business trip, thank goodness.
(For the Kids – Because, You Know, Family)
Family/child friendly? Yup, definitely. Though I didn't see the Babysitting service in action, and can't really comment here, though they have some Kids facilities, Kids meal, so the little ones are catered for.
(Access – The Nitty-Gritty (and the Important Stuff))
This is where the hotel's actual physical set-up comes into play. CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property: reassuring. Check-in/out [express] and Check-in/out [private] are both available, it depends on how you want the experience. Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], and Security [24-hour]: all good signs. Smoke alarms: also good. Non-smoking rooms: essential. They do provide Airport transfer which, believe me, is a great bonus!
(Available in all rooms - A Quick Rundown)
Air conditioning. Thank god for you. Alarm clock, I prefer my phone. Bathrobes: yes! Bathroom phone? I'm not sure I've ever used one. Bathtub: yes! Blackout curtains: essential! Carpeting: sigh. Closet. Coffee/tea maker: life saver. Complimentary tea, score. Daily housekeeping, yes. Desk. Extra long bed! Free bottled water, crucial. Hair dryer: always a win. High floor: often, yes! In-room safe box: secure! Interconnecting room(s) available, depends on the booking. Internet access – LAN, don't care. Internet access – wireless, yes! Ironing facilities, again, no. Laptop workspace: not for me. Linens: soft, yes. Mini bar, yes! Mirror, yes! Non-smoking: YES! On-demand movies, never used them! Private bathroom, essential. Reading light, yes. Refrigerator, yes! Satellite/cable channels: yes, didn't watch. Scale. Seating area: nice. Separate shower/bathtub: the best. Shower: the best. Slippers: yay! Smoke detector, yes. Socket near the bed: essential. Sofa I'm a fan. Soundproofing very welcome. Telephone no. Toiletries: yes. Towels: always a mountain. **Um
Unbelievable Deal! Ibis Budget Blankenberge: Belgium Beach Getaway!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, Instagram-perfect travel itinerary. This is real life in Fethiye, Turkey, and specifically, at the legendary (or, at least, much-hyped) Lissiya Hotel. Let's see if the reality matches the postcard…and if I survive.
Operation: Lissiya or Bust (and Hopefully Not My Liver)
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Terrace Tango
- 10:00 AM (Give or Take): Arrive at Dalaman Airport. OMG, the heat hits you like a brick wall. Immediately regretted wearing my jeans. Note to self: Pack smarter, dummy. The airport is a glorious, slightly chaotic symphony of people, luggage, and the persistent smell of Turkish coffee (a good sign).
- 11:30 AM: Taxi ride to Lissiya. The driver, bless his heart, seemed to think he was auditioning for Fast & Furious: Fethiye Drift. White knuckles and silent prayers were involved.
- 12:30 PM: Check-in. Lissiya is stunning. Jaw-dropping views. But…and there's always a "but"…the reception is a bit…well, let's just say "efficient." Got a room with a killer view… of the neighboring olive grove and a tiny sliver of the sea. Sigh. Still, the charm is undeniably there.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at the Lissiya restaurant. The food is good! But my stomach is churning from the taxi ride. And the wine list? Glorious and dangerous. I decide to take one small glass of Rosé, which somehow turns into two. And then a shared bottle with the couple. Oops.
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Explore the hotel grounds. The infinity pool is even more amazing in person. But then the wind picks up. The sun starts to beat down. I find myself a bit overwhelmed. The hotel is built into the hillside, and it's easy to get lost. Wander aimlessly for a bit, admiring the bougainvillea and trying not to sweat through my new linen shirt.
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Back to the room to chill, and try to get a little work done. The wifi is temperamental. I try to update my Instagram stories, and it doesn't upload. The internet is going to be the death of me shakes fist to the skies.
- 6:00 PM: The sunset. Oh. My. God. The view is everything. That, right there, is the magic of Lissiya. Turns out, it was worth every near-death taxi moment.
- 7:30 PM: Dinner at the hotel again. This time, the wine is a full bottle. I find myself making friends with some other guests - a lovely couple from London. We share travel stories and laugh a lot. The food is still great, and the conversation is even better.
Day 2: The Mud Bath Massacre (and a Questionable Massage)
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. The spread is fantastic - fresh fruit, Turkish pastries, eggs cooked to order. They have the best Turkish coffee I've ever had. I fuel up for a day of adventure.
- 10:00 AM: The Mud Bath Escape. I'd pre-booked on a boat trip to the mud baths. The boat is a bit crowded, but the scenery is gorgeous, the first destination is Cleopatra's Baths. A bit too ambitious for a swim. Everyone is so energetic. We went to the mud bath. The mud bath is slimy. It's weird. It feels so natural. This is not a relaxing activity. The smell is a combination of sulfur and regret (I swear I tasted it, like a bad wine). Everyone is laughing but me. I feel self conscious and awkward. I need a shower.
- 1:00 PM: Boat lunch. Grilled fish, salad, and more wine. I'm starting to feel like a seasoned sailor (or, at least, a slightly tipsy passenger).
- 2:30 PM: The 'massage.' Back at Lissiya. I was desperately seeking a zen moment. The massage feels like a wrestling match with a particularly strong octopus. I'll just say, "firm" is an understatement. My back is sore in a new and exciting way. I may have cried out for a moment there.
- 4:00 PM: Laying by the pool, trying to recover from the massage. I'm also slightly sunburnt and exhausted. This is a lot of relaxing.
- 7:30 PM: Dinner at a local restaurant in Kayaköy, that's been recommended by my new friends. The atmosphere is fantastic. The food is good, simple and tasty, but the wine is a disaster.
Day 3: The Paragliding Predicament (and My Near-Death Experience)
- 9:00 AM: More of that amazing breakfast. Today is the day: Paragliding!
- 10:00 AM: The hike up to the take-off point is surprisingly brutal. I'm starting to seriously question my life choices. Is this truly how I wish to spend my life?
- 11:00 AM: The Launch. The tandem instructor, a cheerful Aussie named "Bruce," tells me it is now or never. My heart hammers in my chest. Legs become jelly. We run. I trip.. I'm airborne! This is it. This is the closest I have been to experiencing a dream.
- 11:20 AM: The view. OMG. The view is spectacular. A panoramic postcard of the Blue Lagoon and the coastline. I feel exhilarated. This is worth all the worry and the fear. The quiet and the beauty of it soothes me.
- 12:00 PM: Landed. (Mostly) gracefully. My legs are shaking like a leaf. My knees did give way as I got out. Thank goodness no one saw me.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at a local cafe in Ölüdeniz – a well-deserved feast. I eat everything. Including the Baklava. So good.
- 3:00 PM: Back to the hotel to rest and recuperate, and attempt to make sense of my life.
- 7:30 PM: Dinner. The hotel restaurant. A more subdued affair, mainly because I ate so much lunch. Still, the view is beautiful. I enjoy a glass of wine, watching the stars come out.
Day 4: Departure & The Lissiya Legacy
- 9:00 AM: Final breakfast. Feeling a little sad to leave.
- 10:00 AM: Packing. (I did not pack better).
- 11:00 AM: Check-out. The staff are lovely and helpful. I leave with a heavy heart and a slight sunburn.
- 12:00 PM: Taxi back to the airport. Praying for a less…enthusiastic driver this time.
- 1:30 PM: The airport. The journey is completed.
The Verdict:
Lissiya Hotel: It is not perfect. It's expensive. The service is sometimes a bit…idiosyncratic. But it's gorgeous, it's romantic, it offers stunning views that will never get old. And the overall experience is truly special. It's messy, it's imperfect, and it's unforgettable. It's life, and it's a memory I will cherish. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Just, maybe, with a better massage therapist. And definitely a bigger suitcase. And an extra bottle of wine.
Jahorina's Hidden Gem: Zlatni Javor Aparthotel - Unbelievable Views!
Lissiya Hotel: Fethiye's Almost-Perfect Paradise (Let's Be Real!) - FAQ
Okay, spill. Is Lissiya Hotel REALLY as dreamy as the photos suggest?
Alright, deep breath. The photos? Beautiful. The reality?… Mostly. Look, the views are *stunning*. Jaw-dropping, postcard-worthy, you-won't-believe-it-until-you-see-it stunning. Picture this: you’re sipping your Turkish coffee on your balcony (more on that later), watching the sun paint the islands in hues of orange and pink…it's heavenly. BUT! Let's be real, sunshine and Instagram filters can hide a multitude of sins. There *was* that one day where the promised 'amazing' breakfast spread was… well, a bit picked over. The pastries were slightly stale (gasp!), and the coffee… okay, the coffee *was* strong, but not the artisanal kind the website hinted at. Still, for the view alone, it's a solid win. Just, maybe don't arrive *right* at the tail end of breakfast! My advice? Aim for mid-morning!
What's the deal with the rooms? Are they actually luxurious?
Luxury is subjective, right? My room, a supposedly 'deluxe' option, had a balcony that was *literally* my happy place. The bed was comfy enough, and the air con worked, which is HUGE in July. Now, the bathroom? Okay, the shower wasn't the most powerful I’ve ever experienced, and the tiles… well, they were a bit "vintage". But honestly? I wasn’t there to scrutinize grout! The whole vibe is charming, and I'd take a slightly dodgy shower over a sterile, soulless hotel room any day. The towels? Fluffy. The sheets? Crisp. Enough said. And let's be honest, who spends ALL day in their room anyway?
The pool? Is it as Instagrammable as it looks or are there too many people splashing about?
The pool is gorgeous. No, really. That infinity edge thing? Sublime. But, the 'too many people splashing about' thing? Yeah, that's a potential concern. Okay, it depends on *when* you go. We went in peak season, and it was… crowded. Not shoulder-to-shoulder, thankfully, but there were definitely moments where I felt like I was participating in some kind of aquatic synchronised swimming routine with strangers. My advice (again): Go early, stake your claim with a towel, and prepare to dodge a rogue inflatable flamingo or two. The views from the pool more than make up for the occasional jostle. Just embrace the chaos, man!
Tell me about the food! Every hotel boasts amazing food, does Lissiya deliver? And the Turkish breakfast?
Okay, food. Crucial. Breakfast? As I mentioned, could be better (that slightly-stale pastry incident still stings!), but the core components are there. Fresh bread, olives, cheeses, jams...the Turkish breakfast *experience* is all there, even with the occasional slight imperfection. Lunch and dinner? The restaurant's a bit pricey, but the food is generally *good*. Not Michelin-star good, mind you, but consistently tasty and with a focus on fresh, local ingredients. Don't leave without trying the mezze platter – a taste explosion! My absolute favourite thing? The little restaurant down the hill - *that* felt authentic, and the food was to die for! A real Turkish delight.
What's the vibe like in the evenings? Is it all romantic sunsets and quiet drinks or are there other options?
Okay, evenings. Mostly romantic sunsets and quiet drinks, yeah. But let me tell you about my evening. Picture this: I was determined to capture *the* sunset photo. I spent an hour perched on my balcony (remember that balcony? My Happy Place!), camera at the ready. The sun did its thing, painted the sky in crazy colors... and then BAM! Mosquito attack! Like, a full-blown, bloodthirsty swarm. I retreated, defeated, covered in bites, cursing the beauty of the sunset. So, learn from my mistake: Bring bug spray. But yes, the sunsets are gorgeous, the bar is pleasant (and often has live music), and it's generally a very chilled-out vibe. If you're looking for a wild party scene, Lissiya is NOT the place. If you're looking for peace and quiet with occasional mosquito encounters... you're in the right place.
Is it suitable for families/couples/singles?
Good question! It leans towards couples and older families, I'd say. There weren't *loads* of kids running around when I was there, and the atmosphere is generally relaxed and romantic. If you're a solo traveler, you'll probably find it perfectly pleasant, but might feel a little bit like a third wheel at times. (Just me?) But hey, the views are good for *anybody*.
How far is it from Fethiye town? And is a car essential?
It's a bit of a drive from Fethiye town, up a winding road. I wouldn't recommend trying to walk it, especially when the sun's beating down. Taxis are readily available, though, and the hotel can arrange them. A car is useful, yeah, especially if you want to explore the surrounding area (which you should!). It gives you the freedom to go to the beach, visit the local markets, get to those other fantastic restaurants, and escape the potential mosquito attacks (kidding!). The road takes a little getting used to, but the views are worth it.
Any downsides besides the occasional slightly-stale pastry?
Okay, besides the not-always-perfect breakfast and the mosquito ambush? Um...the lack of a nearby shop. If you run out of something (sunscreen, gin, whatever!), you're looking at a taxi ride. Also, sometimes, and I'm being picky here, the service was a little… laid-back. Not rude, just… relaxed. That's part of the charm, I guess, but if you're in a huge hurry for anything, it might not be perfect. Oh, and maybe the occasional slightly dodgy wifi. But honestly, that's it. The good stuff overwhelmingly outweighs the minor imperfections.
Would you return to Lissiya Hotel?
Absolutely. Despite the slightly-stale pastries, the potential for mosquito attacks, and the occasional laid-back service, I'd go back in a heartbeat. The views! The sunsets! The overall vibe! It's a specialTrending Hotels Now

