
Times Square Luxury: Unbelievable Sunbow Suites Await!
Times Square Luxury: Sunbow Suites – Forget What You Think You Know, This Place is WILD (And You Might Love It)
Okay, let’s be real. “Times Square Luxury” conjures images of… well, Times Square. Glitter, chaos, overpriced hot dogs. I braced myself. But the “Unbelievable Sunbow Suites Await!” tagline? That's a promise. And folks, I gotta say, it's mostly kept. Buckle up, because this review is gonna be a rollercoaster, like trying to navigate a Friday night in the heart of the city.
First Impressions & the "Accessibility" Angle (Because, You Know, Life Happens):
Right off the bat, let's applaud the effort. Accessibility is a thing here. The elevators are swift and the elevator itself felt like a spacious (and gloriously air-conditioned!) escape. Having an elevator is a crucial consideration. The main entrance seemed easily navigable. Though I didn't personally need them, the presence of facilities for disabled guests, and a commitment to accessibility, is a HUGE plus. Seriously, major props for making things easier.
The "In-Room-Internet-Bliss" - Or, How I Lived Online (Sort Of):
Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yes, glorious, free Wi-Fi. And it actually worked. Seriously, a small miracle in a Big Apple hotel. I could stream my shows, catch up on work (don't judge, I was in laptop workspace mode at times). The Internet [LAN] option? A little archaic, but hey, options are good. The Internet services as a whole were pretty solid, which is a relief after how it normally is.
But Then, The Rooms… The Sunbow Promise (and the Occasional Unexpected Rainbow):
The suite? Yeah, it's something. Spacious, like, New-York-City-where-do-you-put-your-stuff spacious. My extra long bed? Heaven. Blackout curtains? Essential for sanity. The air conditioning? A life-saver. The seating area? Perfect for pondering life’s big questions (like, "Did I really eat that whole pizza?"). The window that opens? Well, that’s how I got to hear the constant siren symphony of the city.
And the views… okay, the views? They weren't from the sunbow… but they were pretty damn good, especially at sunset. (Note to self: pack better walking shoes next time. You won't be able to spend the extra bit of time outside without them.)
The "Cleanliness & Safety" Spiel - Because 2024 is a Thing:
They’re taking this seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and rooms that are sanitized between stays – all major points for peace of mind. I appreciated the hand sanitizer everywhere. The staff trained in safety protocol was visible and they used their CCTV in common areas plus CCTV outside property for extra measures. Now, about the actual stay… The safe dining setup, sanitized kitchen and tableware items, and the option to room sanitization opt-out were nice. Though I have to say, there were a few stray crumbs in the room when I arrived. So, not perfect. I can't hold it against them, though.
Food, Glorious Food (And the Occasional Food Fail):
Now, this is where it gets… interesting.
- Dining: The restaurants are a mixed bag. Asian cuisine in restaurant? Delicious! The buffet in restaurant? A beautiful mess. I grabbed a bottle of water (essential) to wash down my Western breakfast.
- Snacking: A coffee shop can be the best thing to happen to you in the morning. I went to the Poolside bar for something else.
- Room Service: The 24-hour room service is a lifesaver after a long day, especially when the A la carte in restaurant list looks like a dream.
Getting Around – City Slicker Style (and Taxi Tales):
Airport transfer? Easy-peasy. Taxi service? Everywhere. Consider valet parking when you're arriving. They had car park [on-site], along with car park [free of charge], and car power charging station. If you're feeling fancy, you could arrange for a private taxi service.
Relaxation/Rejuvenation – The Spa (and the "Did That Massage Really Happen?")
Okay, the Spa/sauna situation… I tried a massage. It was… intense. Let's just say, the masseuse had a specific method I wasn't entirely prepared for. But hey, at least I felt some muscles I didn't know I had. They had a pool with a view, a steamroom, and a sauna.
Things to Do (and the "I'm Exhausted, But Maybe I Should…")
The concierge was super helpful with recommendations. The luggage storage came in handy, so you can enjoy your outings. The meeting/banquet facilities looked impressive (I saw a big seminar happening). There's a convenience store on-site for any last-minute needs. Times Square itself offers endless entertainment (if you like that sort of thing, I'm more of a quiet museum person).
Services and Conveniences – The Little Touches That Matter (and the Occasional Hiccup):
The doorman was a gentleman. The daily housekeeping was on point – although, they did forget to leave a fresh towel one day (minor gripe). Having facilities for disabled guests and safe dining setup is awesome.
For the Kids (Because, Kids Are People Too):
While I didn't travel with any mini-mes, the hotel seemed family-friendly. They had babysitting service, kids facilities… and I believe they had kids meal, too.
The Quirks, the Flaws, and the Honest Truth
The most important thing, and what makes a hotel like this, is a story. Now, I was looking for a story, and I got one here. This is not a bland, sterile hotel. The staff, despite being incredibly diligent, can also be a bit… quirky. Some of them are downright hilarious. The imperfections, a few minor hiccups, are forgivable. They were trying their best.
The Final Verdict: Should YOU Book the Sunbow Suites?
Here’s the deal: If you crave a perfectly polished, completely predictable experience, this might not be for you. BUT, if you want a hotel that feels alive, a little bit messy, and ultimately, charming, absolutely yes. The Sunbow Suites are more than just a place to rest your head; they're a portal to the chaotic, vibrant heart of New York. And sometimes, even the chaos is a beautiful thing.
My Rating: 4.2 out of 5 Stars.
Book Now to Unlock Your Own "Unbelievable Sunbow Suite" Adventure!
SEO Optimization/Keywords Used (Just in Case You're Into That Sort of Thing):
- Times Square Luxury Hotels
- Sunbow Suites NYC
- Accessible Hotels NYC
- Hotel with Free Wi-Fi Times Square
- Hotel with Pool View Times Square
- Spa Hotel NYC
- Family-Friendly Hotels Times Square
- Best Hotel in Times Square
- Luxury Hotel in Times Square With Restaurants
- Hotel with Wheelchair access Times Square
- Hotel Near Broadway

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is my Kuala Lumpur adventure, cooked up in the throes of pre-trip anxiety, fueled by lukewarm coffee and a general fear of looking like a complete idiot on the other side of the world. Let's see how much of this actually happens… and whether I survive it.
Sunbow Private Suites @ Times Square, KL: The Unofficial Itinerary (aka, Pray for Me)
Day 1: Survival Mode & Sensory Overload
- 9:00 AM (ish): Land at KLIA. Pray the flight wasn’t too long. I'm already dreading the post-flight bloat. Seriously, is it possible to be this swollen from airplane air? The agony of wearing elastic waistbands all day… (Rant over.)
- 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM (ish): Grab the KLIA Express train to KL Sentral. Hopefully, I can figure out how to buy a ticket without looking like a lost toddler. I’m already picturing myself waving frantically at a ticket machine that thinks I’m trying to communicate using interpretive dance.
- Quirky Observation: Airports are a breeding ground for awkward moments and questionable fashion choices. Bonus points if you can identify the one screaming toddler amidst a sea of stressed-looking travelers.
- 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM (ish): Taxi/Grab to Sunbow Private Suites. Deep breaths. Navigate KL traffic. Wish me luck… because I'm going to need it.
- Anecdote potential: Picture this. Me, hopelessly lost, attempting to communicate with a taxi driver through a symphony of hand gestures and misinterpreted Google Translate phrases. The chaos! The hilarity! (Hopefully more of the latter).
- 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM: Check-in. Dump luggage. Collapse. (Probably in that order.) Survey the suite like a detective gathering clues. Is the air conditioning actually working? Is the Wi-Fi strong enough to handle my Instagram addiction? Are there enough plugs for my million charging cables? Sighs with relief if everything looks half-decent.
- 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM: First meal! I’m starving, so I'm heading to The Food Court at Berjaya Times Square. This is either going to be a glorious culinary adventure or a stomach-churning disaster. My money is on a bit of both!
- Opinionated moment: I swear, food courts are the battlefield of the indecisive. So many amazing smells, so little idea what to choose! I want everything, but I know I can't eat everything.
- 2:30 PM - 5:00 PM: Exploring Berjaya Times Square. Ride the indoor roller coaster? Probably not. I’m too old for that kind of nonsense. But I'll wander, gawk at the shops, and let the sheer chaos wash over me. Maybe pick up a ridiculously cheap souvenir.
- Emotional Reaction: The sheer scale of this place. It's slightly overwhelming! So much to see; such little time. (And I need a nap.)
- 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Back to the suite for a quick chill, and get ready for tonight.
- 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner time near the hotel or at one of the many street food stalls that look tempting.
- 8:00 PM onward: Bedtime. Probably. I'm old, and I'll need a good night's sleep to recover from the first day.
Day 2: Culture Shocks and Curry Comas
- 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: (Hopefully) leisurely breakfast at a local cafe. Still trying to find the perfect Malaysian coffee; the quest continues!
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Go to the Batu Caves. Climb all the steps. Try not to get mobbed by monkeys (easier said than done, I suspect).
- Messy rambling: Speaking of monkeys… are they cute? Yes. Are they also opportunistic little thieves? Also, yes. Should I bring bananas? Probably not. I’m already picturing a full-on simian siege. Pray for my glasses!
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch near the caves. Embrace the curry. Don't be afraid to sweat. (Embrace the sweat? Okay, maybe not. But, you know…)
- Opinionated rambling: I have a feeling this curry’s going to be intense. I'm going to need a serious nap after this. And possibly a gallon of water.
- 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Back to the suite for a much-needed rest.
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Explore Chinatown. Get lost in the narrow streets. Haggle over prices (or at least attempt to). Try the street food.
- Emotional Reaction: Oh, the smells of Chinatown! So many fragrant spices, sizzling meats, and tempting desserts. This is what travel is all about.
- 6:00 PM onward: Dinner and evening exploration. Maybe a night market? Maybe a rooftop bar overlooking the city? We’ll see what mood strikes. (Mostly, my mood will be determined by how much I can handle physically.)
Day 3: Heights, History, and Heavy Breathing
- 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Breakfast again. I'm addicted to the local cuisine!
- 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Visit the Petronas Towers. Take a million pictures. Try not to pass out from the height-induced vertigo.
- Double Down on experience: I'm going to spend at least an hour on the sky bridge and observation deck, just soaking in the views. I'm going to try to overcome my fear of heights, or at least pretend to.
- 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Explore the area around the towers. Visit the KLCC Park. Find a shady spot to sit. Think about all the things I haven't done on this trip.
- Imperfection: I may have accidentally scheduled too much stuff. Or got the numbers mixed up.
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch near the Petronas Towers.
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Visit the National Museum or the Islamic Arts Museum. Learn something. Pretend to be cultured.
- Anecdote: I'm always that person who spends too much time reading the display captions.
- 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Return to the suite to pack,
- 5:00 PM onward: Dinner, relaxing. Have dinner at a nice restaurant or, if my wallet and my energy levels are feeling low, order room service.
Days 4 & 5: The Great Escape?
- Days 4 & 5 will depend on my mood, my budget, and how much I've managed to see on the previous days:
- Option 1: Return to the airport and return home!
- Option 2: Go to the airport.
- Option 3: Stay an extra few days and explore Malaysia further, if that's within my budget.
Important Considerations:
- Mobility: I'm old, so I'll need lots of breaks.
- Budget: I'm a frugal traveler, so street food and public transportation are my friends.
- Spontaneity: This itinerary is a suggestion, not a rule. I'm embracing the chaos.
- Overall Tone: This is going to be a messy, imperfect, occasionally hilarious, and hopefully memorable adventure. Wish me luck! I will need it.

Okay, let's cut the BS. Are these "Sunbow Suites" REALLY worth the ridiculous price tag? My wallet is already weeping...
Alright, fine. Look, I'm gonna be honest, brutally honest. Yes, they *are* expensive. Like, you could probably buy a small used car expensive. But… (and this is a big but, folks) it's Times Square. It's a sensory overload, a constant buzz, a swirling vortex of tourists, flashing lights, and questionable hot dog vendors. You're paying for the *escape* from that insanity. You're paying for… sanity. Seriously.
I had this *one* client, right? Ultra-stressed corporate lawyer type. Looked like he hadn’t slept in a decade. Booked the penthouse suite. Came in, practically twitching, eyes darting everywhere. The second he saw the view – the *unobstructed* view of the ball drop, the floor-to-ceiling windows… his jaw just *dropped*. Literally. I thought he was having a stroke. But then… he *laughed*. A genuine, belly laugh. And that, my friends, is the price of admission. That's the magic. And, yes, it's probably worth it, at least for *that* moment. But maybe, just maybe, I'm just a sucker for a good view.
Details, details! What *exactly* makes these suites "luxury"? Beyond the whole "you can see the ball drop" schtick.
Okay, okay, details. Let's break it down. Obviously, the view. That's a given. But we're talking *obsessive* attention to detail. Think…Italian marble bathrooms so big you could practically host a small pool party in them. Rainfall showers that feel like you're being blessed by Zeus himself. Beds so cloud-like you'll swear you're sleeping on a marshmallow.
And the service? Forget asking for something. It's already there. Before you even *think* you want it. Seriously, one time… and I'm slightly embarrassed to admit this… I was admiring a painting in one of the suites, thinking, "Gee, a nice glass of Prosecco would pair perfectly with that." BAM! Seconds later, a waiter appeared, magically, with a flute of perfectly chilled Prosecco. I swear, I'm still a little spooked. It was amazing though, and the painting *did* look better with bubbly.
Then there's the tech. Everything's smart. Lights, curtains, the TV, the toilet seat – all bowing to your every whim. One guest accidentally spilled coffee on the control panel and… well, let's just say the staff handled it with grace and like, magic. Seriously, these people are wizards.
Is the noise… unbearable? I've heard Times Square can be a symphony of honking horns and screaming tourists.
Listen, I won't lie. You're still in Times Square. There's *some* noise. But these suites are soundproofed to a degree that’s almost unsettling. Like, could a bomb go off outside and you'd still be able to hear a pin drop in your suite. Okay, maybe not a *bomb*, but you get the idea.
It's more like a gentle hum. A distant, almost soothing murmur of the city. I stayed overnight once, just to see what the experience would be like, and I managed to sleep through the night, which is a minor miracle in itself. I'm a light sleeper, I swear! I could hear the faint sounds of the city far away. It was actually… kind of nice? Like white noise, but with a hint of urban excitement. But then again, I'm weird.
Okay, let's say I'm sold. How do I book this mythical Sunbow Suite? And, more importantly, can I get a discount? 😉
Booking is… well, it’s a process. These suites are coveted, trust me. Best bet is to book in advance, *way* in advance, especially if you're looking during peak season – like, you know, New Year's Eve. The website (which I can't directly link because I'm just a humble FAQ writer) has all the details, and be prepared to answer a few questions to see if you're the right fit. They have some preferences that you need to adhere to, for example no pets.
As for discounts… look, I'll be honest, it's a crapshoot. Sometimes, you get lucky. Sometimes, you don't. Check for special offers, loyalty programs, maybe even try sweet-talking the reservationist. But don't get your hopes up. They know what they have! But, and this is a big but, if you snag a sale, make sure you take it.
What about the food? Is the in-suite dining just as… fancy? Because sometimes, I just want a greasy burger in a robe.
The food? Oh, the food. It's… something. They have a full menu, obviously. Fine dining, Michelin-star level stuff. But here's the thing: you're in Times Square. You have the *option* of a greasy burger.
I had this guest, right? Super important business tycoon. Ordered the most elaborate meal imaginable. Lobster, truffles, the whole shebang. Swallowed it down with a scowl. The next day? Requested two double cheeseburgers with extra pickles, delivered to his room. In his robe, no less. The chef, bless his heart, just shrugged and made them. Because, at the end of the day, luxury is about choice, isn't it? And sometimes, that choice is a really delicious, messy burger. And they will even help you get the condiments!
Alright, you mentioned "floor-to-ceiling windows." But are *all* the suites facing the right direction to see the ball drop? That's the *ultimate* selling point, right?
Look, the ball drop view is *the holy grail.* Not *every* single suite has it. But a significant chunk of them do. And those are the suites you want. Demand them. Bargain for them. Beg for them.
I was working New Year's Eve once. The atmosphere was electric, the suites were jammed, everyone was giddy, the energy was palpable. I mean, the *pressure*! We were running around like headless chickens, trying to ensure that everyone had a perfect view, had champagne in hand, and had everything set and ready before the clock struck midnight. One particular suite, though... the guests inside were just *vibing*. Sharing a few laughs, sipping cocktails, and generally just being… chill. Then, BAM! The ball drops. The confetti rains down. The fireworks explode. And… this couple? They looked at each other, held hands, kissed, and… that was it. No screaming, no jumping, no flash photography. Just pure, simple, beautiful connection. Honestly, the experience was more exciting than the ball drop itself.
Hotels With Kitchenettes

